What are you throwing in 2021?

Doing my first silicone job, so using this elderly but able throw to hone my skills.

Works a charm x

18 Likes

Mono-Metal Monday, going with the Stainless Steel Slim-Line Quiz. I’ve had this one over a year, I didn’t pick it up at the initial drop, but got it before the lock-downs. This one was marketed as a an heirloom responsive yo-yo and as the “Ultimate Dad Yo” in one of those YouTuber reviews. Once I saw a few player videos, I was eventually sold. At first I tried to play it responsive with the flat rubber shield bearing, however I could really never get it to jive with my style even after lubing and tinkering. That bearing just felt slow and sluggish. Few months went by and then I put in an unresponsive Dif-E-Yo KonKave Bearing and this one came alive and I instantly got the feel of speed. Ever since it has been on my regular player shelf and my go to stainless.

25 Likes

What a nice picture.

5 Likes

Ah. What I’m interested is how it feels on the string haha. Like is it light, easy to move around? Or does it play with more heft?

2 Likes

What is it?

2 Likes

Hmmm, more to the heavy side, but still, super controlable and maneuverable. Feels good to control the string with it (feels like the string is moving slow-mo). Super stable and long spinning.
Idk, reading my own sentece sounds so subjective. Hahaha

3 Likes

Its Nickel Cascade :heart:
Really reflects the light beautifully first day of spring.

6 Likes

Cafe racer and a Cumaru fixie.

21 Likes

So you’re playing the Quiz unresponsive?

3 Likes

Yes, with a Konkave, it weights around 63grams and the gap is 4.45mm, so on paper it kind of even leans that way. I could really never get it to play consistently responsive, it was always a sluggish semi-responsive. It was rather frustrating to be honest as I play a lot of responsives and semi-responsives. Once I went unresponsive with the Konkave it really lit up for me. I really like the size as well, alot of other stainless throws have smaller diameters and are wider, I prefer taller and slimmer personally.

5 Likes

25 Likes

image @Grendel is that a Magnum?!?

12 Likes

Yes Sir.

9 Likes

GrasshopperGTX

Shooting my Scales submission tonight.

21 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes

Wonderful composition in that photo!

4 Likes

Working on my fixie 5a today.

17 Likes

It was hard to play 2A today when this @Markmont Nickel Magnum Opus showed up

29 Likes

Can anyone guess the theme?

PDX yo Batsquatch

21 Likes

Zipline Honey Badger in slate teal (from the latest drop). I don’t like the name of the color so I call it Mist :slight_smile:

And my newest Kapital, YYE exclusive Pink/Purple acid wash with the rocket ship logo. Love this thing. It’s more of a half swap than an acid wash though. It’s only acid washed on one half.

21 Likes