Video Contest...

hey guys, I just want your thoughts. if you can, please vote, but I am wanting to hold an online video contest with categories such as, coolest GT whip, most consecutive suicides, and things like that. I have decided that there will be only three categories and only one prize per category. If you guys think this is a idea worthwhile, then please post here or vote. Thanks!

~mirage

I think it’s a pretty cool idea. I don’t think I have the skills to go into it but hey it would be cool to see.

so I was hoping for a little more feedback…this is going to be an awesome contest with now 4 categories. One of the categories is most consecutive suicides in a row, and the coolest GT whip. The other 2, i’m letting you guys choose. I will choose the 2 coolest categories. thanks

~mirage

Offstring whips? Or could do like a coolest single trick/combo thing.

i like it

which one is the prize category

how about most consecutive boingy boings

Most consecutive Eli hops

Prize cateogory?

Prizes will be chosen with thing such as t-shirts, and string, etc.

I’d have those, and a general “Best Throw” category where you get one throw to do whatever you want :slight_smile:

how about a ongoing gyroscopic flop vid

my record is around 83

A video contest is a video contest. It’d be best if it be a regular video contest where people judged and voted based on tricks and angles and stuff with a twist that there are certain tricks you must put like you have to put a suicide or a GT.

Great idea, if you decide to hold this tell me because I want to enter! :slight_smile:

-James Reed!

THIS should be the thingy. Like a freestyle combined with sports ladder type thing…a free ladder?

I think it’s a great idea! I’m by far not skilled enough to join one, but I always love to see those on the forum, too bad they usually don’t get much responses…And I agree with the latest ideas, I don’t think there should be such categories, freestyle is much more interesting than a contest with a consecutive trick. Watching someone doing the same thing over and over again is usually boring, even if what he’s doing is cool basically…
On another note - Sorry for my obliviousness, but what do you mean by GT whip?

Hows about making a beginner, intermediate, advanced and pro because there is no way I can compete with some people here

hey… sory bout that…green triangle whipp

~mirage

Coolest repeating trick would be awesome. If that was an option, I’d eneter.

For the last part you could do a mix of the other three (EX. make there be a certain number of suicides, whips, ect. and then incorporate it in a freestyle)

Suicide category? Gyro flop? Coolest bind? Longest spin off of a regeneration? Coolest hubstack trick? Coolest whip (in general i mean)? Jade whips in a row? How many boingys? Coolest front style trick?

Lol…

contest is underway!

link is the siggy!

contest is up and running!

link is in the signature

ENTER!

~mirage