US Nationals - Sept. 25 & 26 / Los Angeles, CA

US Nats is moving!

So; it is official now…

Changing location and date? Lots of changes… Time to think of what to do for the first week in October.

Edited this post… There may be a Chico Classic on October 3rd… http://www.chicoer.com/general-news/20150626/yo-yo-nationals-leaving-chico

Yes, yes it is.

Still on the west coast I see… :frowning:

Welp. Now I can’t go.

now i cant go either :’( :’(

will it ever move back to chico?

Does anyone know the hotel information for the National Yo-Yo Contest and proximity of the hotel to the venue? I’m running across 2014 Chico information on the website.

The closest major hotel to the venue is the Manhattan Beach Marriott I believe.

But then there’s the Springhill Suites and the Townplace Suites which are closer and at least walking distance.

If there are any official hotels however booked for the contest I wouldn’t know. This is just cause I drive up and down this street everyday so I’m basing it off of being at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! It is good to know there is a hotel in walking distance. I’m trying to see if this works with my schedule and also get an idea for the hotel rate / if there is a contest hotel rate discount.

Thanks for this info. I’m looking for hotels in walking distance of the contest as well.

So I was paying attention on my way home and it’s still roughly a mile away. And I don’t think there are any hotels or motels closer than a mile.

That’s sad

The hotel is Westin lax. Prelims Friday night at the hotel.

Basically you can fly in. Stay, prelims, sleep. Uber to the contest and back, sleep (or not) and fly out.

I’m guessing you’ll be there Ben?

Also if you choose to drive, I highly suggest not taking the freeway to or from the contest.

The Rosecrans exit is probably one of the worst to take, especially during rush hours.

Hi Ben! Do you know if they have any kind of discount at the hotel?

I thought it was on Redondo beach?

When will the website go live?

New website is live, venue information is all there, and booking is open for the official contest hotel (which is also the Prelims venue).