U.S. In Person 2021 Yoyo Contests

I haven’t heard anything about in person yoyo contests taking place here in the U.S. this year, such as Nationals, MA States, etc. The two times I attended MA States prior to the lockdowns were the only two times I got to be around other yoyoers, and I’m really wanting that in person interaction again. Do any of you have any info you can share?

4 Likes

As of now. There will be no in person contest for 2021 in the USA.
Holding out for 2022. At this point I think contest organizers understand that attendance would be small and for the contest to be able to run to a higher success it’s best to wait it out til things are more settled down.
Who knows though! Maybe some might occur toward the later end of the year!

8 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks!

Eh, don’t be so certain. We are looking to fall for AZ states. An outdoor touchless contest.

7 Likes

Awesome, this is great news!

1 Like

We are kicking tires on Gulf Coast Classic in Houston in Q4 as well. Hopefully more to come.

4 Likes

I’m getting happier by the minute :smiley:

1 Like

Stoked to hear this.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Yo-yo licking contest in Florida this week. Everyone gets a free lick :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

10 Likes

Look, just cause my kids lick my yoyos doesn’t mean I’m sponsoring a contest about it

3 Likes

FSYB has been discussing a meetup

4 Likes

Gotta put those Kapitals to good use now right? I hear they taste… artisanal :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The Chesapeake Classic

http://yoyonj.com/

2 Likes

I see the site has been updated a bit! A week or so ago when I first heard about this only the home page was active.

I should be there! Competing? idk probably not

2 Likes