Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

It’s very slick - I’m going to give it a whirl tonight

1 Like
10 Likes

Week 36 - BlackWhip

Just a neat little opening element that gets you into a wrist mount. I feel like it goes into the dog tower trick from earlier this year pretty well, and there are a number of tricks you could do to lead into the whip.

7 Likes

Here’s my take

7 Likes

Not gonna lie I’m kinda just phoning it in this week and doing a weird execution. Really focusing on 3A tbh. I was inspired to try this loose trapeze watching a Tony Sec trickcircle on IG. I’m not a huge fan of the whip over and then under so I’ll probably just start with the under whip when I fold this into just playing. The rest of the trick is awesome though! I love the way the Yoyo orbits out of the mount and then into wrist mount. Good yocabulary here for sure!

9 Likes

Yo so we mirror this thread on Discord and Scayanite chimed in with a really good tips I want to share.
"A small piece of advice with the Blackwhip opener:
On that first whip-in-gap part, as soon as the string gets in, hop the yoyo up. This makes the motion much more exaggerated and can be used in a music queue <<3

When it comes to whips; While it is okay to SWING the string to give it motion, it’ll look much cleaner if you FLICKED your wrist to make the string shoot in that direction"

Scayanite also shared this supplemental video! Y’all should definitely sub to his YouTube and check out the other videos there!

8 Likes

It’s amazing how different people take the same trick and add such different personal elements to the trick that give it that extra something. Imagine if we were all like magicians… no one would share any secrets at all. Thanks for sharing this. :smiley:

5 Likes

I am kind of struggling to catch the correct two strings and roll the yo-yo out of the mount, consistently, right before the wrist mount.
Any advice?

8 Likes

What’s happening when you get it wrong?

Something that helped me a lot was that advice from scayanite Henry posted above to really exaggerate the hop - it adds a great pause/break and helps set up everything that comes after.

3 Likes

Okay, I figured out my issue. When you take your nonthrowhand out of the mount and swing the yoyo around your throw hand, the strings weren’t opening enough for me to roll the yoyo out, but I wasn’t letting the loop slide down my wrist to open up the mount enough to dismount.

5 Likes

I actually got this one!

8 Likes

I’ve been wanting to try these for the last few weeks but focus has been elusive. I’m working on coming back around. I am following along though. You guys are doing great!! :smiley::rofl:

6 Likes
9 Likes

Smooth like buttah!

3 Likes

Thank you :heart: I’m trying to learn every trick as well as I can because I want to develop a clean and powerful style.

1 Like

I’d say you have already achieved that, but I guess we are all our own worst critics :rofl:

2 Likes

Week 37–Dimension Ghost

This week we’re gonna be learning a trick by @_Z1 ! The trick is fun and has a cool 3d suicide. Ask any questions y’all have. Have fun and good luck!

I also want to add that it is Mobius September and I highly suggest y’all check out some of the Mobius tutorials Zammy has on their channel!

6 Likes
11 Likes

Super fun one, I tried it immediately.

8 Likes

Love that whip to DoN!

3 Likes