Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

Not my smoothest entry, but I maybe bought a house this week so time has been a little short.

9 Likes

Yoooo! Bought a house and still learned trick a week! Let’s goooo!!! Congrats on the new house!

5 Likes

Here is mine. I have learned some tricks from this channel before. They seemed simple enough but are hard to do smooth and consistent. I felt the same about this taw.

8 Likes

Week 14—Rewind Tutorial Bonanza

This week we are going to do a little something different. Rewind has been pumping out tutorials like crazy but they are all a little bit short for TaW. I’m going to share a few that I think would be fun and/or good to learn. Learn any or all of them, or any other rewind tutorials you have bookmarked but never got around to learning.

Arm Cross Bounce Combo

Figure Eight Rail

Rejection to GT

James Reed’s Star & Tower Transition

Akitoshi’s Outside Inverted String Re-Catch

If anyone has any questions, please ask! Good luck and have fun!

12 Likes

I learned star and tower transition last week while I was on vacation! Will work on the other four today.

9 Likes

Okay so usually I try to learn the tricks I’m going to post ahead of time (so I can help if questions come up) but I’ve been exceptionally busy this week and didn’t get a chance. I thought I really messed up for about five minutes bc I couldn’t get this one lolol. I figured out a couple things and got it working but I think it’s gonna be too difficult for me to work into a combo without grinding the trick to death and I don’t want to do that. Anyways here’s one of the tricks and I’ll post the rest later. I learned them so don’t hesitate to ask questions. Just wanna make them a little prettier before posting

7 Likes
7 Likes

Do you have tips for this one? It’s just not clicking for me.

1 Like

Yeah for sure! Aight so it’s not like a hop it’s like you toss the whole mount up. Focus on keeping the string coming from the thumb to the Yoyo, in the gap. You kinda move the thumb towards the Yoyo as you toss it up. Also just go for a vanilla catch before adding the inverted outside catch. What goes wrong exactly when you attempt the trick?

Edit:
I thought of a couple more things. You want to very delicately slide the wrist out of the loop bc it’s super easy to move too much and that will make the loop twist and be hard to catch but if you can slide out with only a little movement, the loop will open up very big. For the full trick, it’s kind of a blind catch and you really just need to send it where you want like not too far towards nth side and anticipate exactly where you want the catch to be and then just start going for it. It feels really hard at first but then it gets easier and easier. Here is some slowmos.

4 Likes

Did not have that much time this week so i went with the speed combo :racing_car:

I went through like half of the long playlist and saved some more tuts for later.

6 Likes

Moving means less time - enjoyed stringing a pair together, and I like that rejection a lot. Didn’t have time to get the last one down but I’ll keep working on it.

7 Likes

I hadn’t thought of just aiming for a regular catch to get the string movement down. I’m getting that consistently now, but only like 1/20 when I go for the fancy catch.

1 Like

Nice! Yah it’s kinda like that at first but land a few a day for a few days in a row and you’ll see consistency go up for sure. It is totally possible to get pretty consistent imo, although definitely harder to get consistent than a lot of tricks. Lots of little things gotta go right. Kinda gotta just decide if the trick is worth it to get there or not for you. Good luck with the move!

Week 15 - Tower with a dog

Neat trick by Jckpth with a slick tower reveal.

Starts with getting into a wrist mount the same way as tsunami bomb. The trickiest part of the tutorial for me was understanding which string to curl your NTH finger around at ~1:39. It’s the one coming directly off the yoyo.

8 Likes

Here’s my take:

Also did a version where instead of hitting that top string it’s more of a roll. Makes a cleaner tower, but I don’t that like the flow of the roll as much:

7 Likes

I feel like we should have this as a tradition like FAF, or MRM, and every month or so we can combine all the tricks as a combo or something and see who does it the best

1 Like

We’re not really about competition like that here. More about just learning and vibing. There might or might not be an end of the year event though ; )

4 Likes

Fun trick!

6 Likes

Tawing at the lake this week!

Really sick trick. I love the little knotty at the end! :smile:

6 Likes

This seemed to be pretty straightforward but the tutorial video get super confusing after getting into the wrist mount :sweat:
Any chance we could get a better video tutorial? Maybe with a top down view? @GTDropKnot @digitalcharlie pleeeeeease?

3 Likes