Trick-a-Week 2024—#35 Over Under Cables

Catching up:

Week 4 Flow Boaty - I haven’t felt this akward since high school…

Week 6 Tsunami Bomb - really diggin this one, definitely going to keep practicing this one…

13 Likes

Nice flowing trick. My fav in 24 so far. Good choice :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tut @digitalcharlie :goat: I did not even bother with the og one after checking it out once

9 Likes

Playing catch-up. Week one

Fun trick that looks harder than it is. Thanks @digitalcharlie for the extra tutorial. The DGT ending was the part I was struggling to understand from the original tutorial. Also a very satisfying bind when it works. I call it the (k)not bind. Sometimes it not binds and sometimes it knot binds. :rofl:

12 Likes
12 Likes

Awesome trick but super busy week! Looking forward to the next one! :v:

3 Likes

Week 8 - wrist mount entrance / dragonball gt

The core of this week is this wrist mount entry that you can do from a trapeze or sub mount. The Dragonball GT trick below (which lands in a D GT) includes it as part of the combo.

I like how navarryo incorporated it into his trick, so I wanted to include it here for something a little extra. It’s also more angles / another breakdown of the entry if you want it.

13 Likes

Here’s my take:

10 Likes

Whats the name of the guy who made the entry tut? I have seen the pov edit from this channel before and really like it.

2 Likes

Vladimir Glazkov. He’s super sick! Very cool style!

5 Likes
10 Likes

Now this is podracing

Stole Andy’s roll into the dgt :saluting_face:

9 Likes

For me, slowing down and doing the thumb dismount is definitely the hardest part.

9 Likes

#2 Turtle trick. Love this one but wish I could be as smooth as the tutorial. Forgive the awkward dismount still don’t have the mechanics of that down very well.

#8 Dragonball GT. Love the way the wrist mount entry that I was already familiar with was incorporated.

10 Likes

Learnt this, that underpass is absolutely bliss, will use it in some combos in the future, very nice one!

4 Likes

Yo you should drop the trick here or a link to the trick post when your work it into a combo! Its cool to see how the elements we learn here can be worked into other combos

4 Likes

100% what Henry said — the whole point of including Dragonball GT was so we could see elements worked into more combos, and your stuff is always so awesome!

2 Likes

Does anyone have a tut or info on how to do that flourish he does at the beginning of the video to end the trick?

I can’t seem to figure it out

2 Likes

Like in the navarryo tutorial after he pops out of the gt and goes into the 1.5? that thing?

Edit I think this is what you mean. It’s like 1.5 mount then go around again but make sure the string goes behind th thumb then you can go around one more time and just slide all the string wraps on th index off when the Yoyo is moving to the left. Bc you went around thumb, one will stay tho.

4 Likes