Trick-a-Week 2024—#35 Over Under Cables

Week 6 — Tsunami Bomb

This week we are going to be working on Tsunami Bomb, a super cool and useful trick to know sent to me by @rickyyR . I think there are some useful transitions to learn here. It is also a good trick to get comfortable with doing multiple things at once. I encourage everyone to learn the elements without worrying too much about the flow at first and then work up to getting the trick flowing. Have fun and good luck!!!

8 Likes

Here’s my take on the trick!

13 Likes

I learned this one some time ago. Still working on getting it as smooth as in the tut :melting_face:

10 Likes

I mean that’s pretty buttery smooth already :butter:

4 Likes

I been working on this one for a couple weeks here and there smoothing it out.

2 Likes

Thank you, I did the best I could in this try. I think the movements in the trick are kinda weird, but the trick to smoothness is to let the yoyo do its thing and just move the string out of the way.

4 Likes

Tsunami Bomb happens to be one of my favorite tricks!! Thanks @GTDropKnot for keeping this thread alive <3

10 Likes

This trick is how I learned how rejections work however long ago that was, but never got it smooth. Still not butter but so much cleaner.

10 Likes

As usual my flow no go but here’s my Tsunami Bomb!

8 Likes

Man I’m so close to landing this one. It’s that final hop over the thumb that’s tripping me up.

2 Likes

For hopping out of the triangle i try to open it up with my thumb and move the triangle down and back while hopping

7 Likes

Back on 1a

13 Likes

Not a good flow but…

6 Likes

Worked on smoothing this one out this week. Hopefully not as sloppy as my hair :rofl:

7 Likes

Week 7 - Unnamed Double GT combo + bind

In the past there have been weeks with multiple elements, and I wanted to test out bringing it back by including both a neat little combo and a tutorial for the bind at the end. Feel free to just do one part if of the other isn’t clicking!

Edited to add:

Folks were finding the tut unclear, so here’s a breakdown, step by step slow mo, and general slow mo:

8 Likes

Here’s my take

10 Likes

If anyone was having trouble following the tutorial, I made a detailed breakdown with some trouble shooting and slow motion. Also edited it into the original post.

7 Likes

Whew! I was afraid I was the only one that was having trouble following the original tutorial… thanks @digitalcharlie for the breakdown, this is very very helpful!

4 Likes

I was waiting for the tutorial then the video ended.

8 Likes

Yo I get it now and the trick is super fun but yo, I definitely had no idea what the heck I was supposed to do for a sec and yo, shout-out @digitalcharlie like new tut goes hard nice! Good luck everyone!

9 Likes