Trick-a-Week 2024—#19 Path of Totality

Yah so basically the first step is to do the trick but instead of going around three times after the brother, only go around twice and drop the string on th index just like in the tutorial but you will have one less wrap on th index. It’s important to have the first roll that goes around as far back as possible. The other will set itself up fine without like doing anything but make sure the first roll around th index after the brother starts far back. Once you drop that string, you have the Yoyo hanging with the string wrapped around twice. You want to hop the Yoyo straight up and while the Yoyo is air born, draw a little ? shape. Try not to move your index or the Yoyo forward or backwards, just in the plane that the Yoyo is in. Try not to over think it and just focus on hop and drawing the shape with the finger. You want to time it so that you’re cutting back towards the Yoyo at the moment the Yoyo is at the highest point it will reach, with the index as close to the Yoyo as possible. This will make the string go around and user the Yoyo. Then you can continue the trick from there bc the rest will be the same.

In order to do the trick like in the tut, you just add one more roll around before dropping the string, and when you hop, go under and around and back towards the Yoyo in a full circle. In both versions, it’s the cut towards the Yoyo while the Yoyo is weightless that allows the string to whip under the Yoyo. They feel very very similar but one is the full circle and the index must be moved faster bc you have to move further in the same amount of time. The most important thing to lock in is the timing where you are cutting towards the Yoyo at the right moment. This is like an essay now and I can keep writing lol so why don’t you try that out and let us know how it goes? It’ll prolly save some frustration to feel semi comfortable with 2 wrap version before trying it exactly like in the tut. If this doesn’t make sense let me know and I can try some other filming angles

8 Likes