The YYJ X-CON PRO

Hadn’t looked at it that way. Well Ideas come when they come, even in the yoyo business. I consider it a combination of aesthetics and utility and probably JD’s influence. The Hitman Pro is 66 g and the Con Pro is 67.6 g so having standard caps could’ve made the X con even heavier (maybe). Perhaps Carbon fiber will be applied to other yyj s but they’d have that same grid like look.

thx for the post!

I’d love to find that out on a digital scale… in principle I’d be inclined to believe so.

Yeah… It’s not carbon fiber… Just has the look… they used a sticker lol.

Great review as always. I had one for a while. It has this weird thunk feeling on the string, so gave it to my brother

Surprised the Wife. I ordered early.

How SWEEEEEEEEEEET is THAT!!! I’m sure your spouse is stoked. Heck, even I’m Stoked! hehe. I’m eager to find out your impressions of it.

I let you know after I can pry it out of her hands…lol. Its ok… got my DM2 and the SE’s for the Dang so I have my hands full now.

I got a little time with it today. It is not for me. Basically a full v and undersized. I did not care for the JK either for the same reason. Just out of whack with my preference. My Wife loves it though so that’s the part that matters. She is actually practicing more since she got it.

I got her back on practicing basic things like getting a good strong and straight throw, Trapeze, Brain Twister and transferring it to a front bind. She did not practice enough before and wanted to skip certain steps. She is close to getting Trap to 1.5 mount and Trap and flip over to bind. It spins good for her. Seems to be the best shape and size for her. The V shape is a little more forgiving on catching the string. Something must be right because she now picks it up more on her own. I have to suggest that she throws something else to keep knocking the dust off her other yoyos…lol.

The speed bearing is still a little responsive so when I clean and lube the DM2 Bearing, I am going to do hers also. If that does not help then I already have a 5 pack of OD 10 balls on the way. She really loved it when I swapped out my Dang bearing into hers. I had to make her sad and take it back though. :smiley:

What’s up! It sounds great that she’s going for it. I LOVE V shapes. I have several hehe. This one is my favorite YYJ so far. Thanks for sharing the experience! Stay cool.