The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Ive done literally hundreds of attempts in the past few weeks and never once got it through again until now. I know that I should probably have bagged the trick and gone on to learn others, but I just really want this trick. At the very least I can do the wrist mount with my eyes closed now.

1 Like

Sometimes I’ll just shelve a trick for a while and come back to it after my skill has improved. Worked great with Brent stole, not so much with spirit bomb lol

1 Like

Magic drop has been shelved for a while now. Im not sure I could keep practicing such an irritating element over and over. Maybe one day ill go back to it.

3 Likes

/sigh…
It was a fluke.
I’m thinking I should stop posting about my progress like I am…cause I feel like a fool for coming and bragging one day…then the next day losing it! lol >.<’
Back to the grind!

5 Likes

Yeah, same with me (on magic drop)…kamikaze will be a huge milestone for me (it’s part of what caused me to burn out and quit yoing 15 or so years ago)…but, I’m not pushing myself too hard on it.

I did read a tip about magic drops yesterday that has helped me though…they said to keep your throw hand super rigid and try not to move it at all. Was able to land a couple of drops focusing on this yesterday.

5 Likes

Ah, thanks for the tip. I was actually thinking about learning Kamikaze. Fortunately it is like two tricks in one, with the magic drop part being second, so I can always just go half Kamikaze until I feel like practicing magic drop again.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this helps, but when doing the magic drop have your nth slightly more forward than your throw hand. That should help it land on the back string more consistently. Also what helped me when learning it early on was having my throw hand palm down instead of thumbs up.

4 Likes

I finally decided to learn ninja vanish after checking out @hobbygod’s tut of reverse brent stole to ninja vanish.

Feels good. Now to learn reverse brent stole and put it all together.

8 Likes

Reverse Brent stole is so fun, took me like 4 weeks to get it consistent

5 Likes

I think I am starting to get Ninja Vanish. I have landed it a few times and feel like I have done it on purpose rather than pure fluke like previously

7 Likes

these tricks are fun once you get the hang of them you can just throw them into your combo and boom it looks way more impressive

3 Likes

I am definitely starting to get it now. So far this year I have got down quite a few things which last year I just thought I would never get, practice makes perfect and one day these things just click. So satisfying!

5 Likes

Learning a trick initially is all about getting all the motions exactly correct, then doing it again and again until you’ve got it down. Oof wait that’s how you learn anything :thinking:

Understanding a trick is one thing, consistency is another.

Beefhook is a really good example. The trick is really simple and easy to understand, but the yoyo and string have to sling around is a way that’s just right to get it to hook around your hand. I’ve also got some rad binds I’m working on too that are the same way.

3 Likes

Dude it took me so long to figure out what he was doing there.

2 Likes

I still don’t have it consistent lol. It’s probably 40%

5 Likes

Reverse Brent Stole with a consistency of 33.33 repeating, of course.

6 Likes

show me

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen!
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Damb. Getting called out, just like that huh?

Are you not entertained?!

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

with the bogey in too :sunglasses:

good work my man

4 Likes