So I Designed a Yo-Yo...Opinions? Update 5/24/12

I have both.

The Agape is simply amazing, period!

The XCon Pro is intolerant of bad throws, but other than that is great. This yoyo forces you to improve your game.

Agape is a very solid player depending on what you do with it you can achieve good spin times but not massive my stock g5 spins longer… but the agape seems more stable! Let me know when u prototype this throw ill buy one
For colors I like black, raw, and white. Splash is a plus for me. Also I would pick agape before xcon.

Yeah :slight_smile: I really like the hub. It will probably have a nice engraving, but I was thinking about having it on the rims instead. I think that’d be cool. Give the hub a nice clean look. I’m still looking into the weight. If It turns out heavy I might leave it. Like you said, make it stand out a bit. Some other guys said it looked too much like a sky walker in specs, and I don’t want to give people something they can already get, so the extra weight would change that. How’s that sound, everyone?

To me it looks a bit like a No.9

Slightly. I don’t really see it. The hub bumps out on mine a little. An the rims are different. But I can see where you’re coming from :slight_smile:

UPDATE ;D sorry I screwed up guys, width wasn’t 42 last time, it was around 48…oops :stuck_out_tongue: I re-scaled the design, and made the width 43mm. Thoughts?

So the weight came in. 73 grams. Wow. I plan on cutting this down. Any other thoughts?

update. hopefully starting machining soon! but you never know. let’s hope for the best! cheers:)

awhit

are you going to machine this?

Well Based on his statement “hopefully starting machining soon” i would assume so. But if you mean by hand i would assume not, he probably will have a machine shop with CNC lathes do it. But I’m not 100% sure so correct me if I’m wrong. (pretty sure I’m right tho)

Oh, and as for thoughts, i like it, makes me think skyline. Not my favorite shape, but it looks fun, nice design.

i assume as well he would have a shop do it, but its the shape i prefer so that’s why i want to know.

@FlyCaster - Yes, i’m having a machine shop do it. We’re not the most experienced with yo-yo making, so we’ll see how it all works out.

@xxjohnsonxx - Glad you’re interested! but err… the design has been modified. Hope you like this one too! haha.

Thanks everyone! I should be getting protos in the next couple months depending on how fast things go. Best of luck to you all:)
Happy throwing!

~awhit

Cool!, Good luck with the shop, lemme know how it goes (and the shop you used if possible), and if you don’t mind the price (assuming everything goes well), because i plan on producing my design in the (possibly distant) future.

Nice to see some progress. Any chance you need another tester? Regardless, best wishes to you.

Just make sure the machine shop you chose has a lot of experience in intricate parts. Yoyo’s take more criticism than any other toy. Meaning people’s expectations are WAY too high. I like the shape too. I’d buy…

@FlyCaster - I’m machining through a family friend, so I don’t think I can hook you up, sorry to say:(

@Icthus - Thanks for the concern. I know people have really high standards nowadays, but this project is more for me, rather than satisfying the needs o the community. I still want to make a product that other people are going to enjoy though. I myself have standards and expectations of what It’s going to be, and if i’m not satisfied with the result (which I hope isn’t the case) I will try a different machine shop:) I know Alvin and Foxland Precisions does machining for others so I might go through him as a last resort if the first doesn’t work out. The machinist I have now though is one of the smartest people I know. Every yo-yo company has had to start from the same point we are at, and we will try our best to make a smooth playing extraordinary product that we can hopefully share with all of you:) Thanks for showing interest in buying too! haha.

Thanks everyone!
~awhit