Smileypants707's string rig making adventure

sweet

Vertical feed is by far superior to every other format of thread feeder i’ve tried. Well designed!

5 Likes

That’s high praise indeed from @gsimian. He’s the OG boutique string maker for those that may not know. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Aw Shucks.

2 Likes

Oh, sweet :sunglasses:

Thanks @gsimian!

2 Likes

Bright colors!

20191222_160935

4 Likes

those look really nice!

3 Likes

im loving that middle one

2 Likes

Neon yellow x light blue. I won’t give you the exact ratio though :wink:

3 Likes

totally under stand I will never tell people the type of thread I use even thought I have mention it once

1 Like

02/09/2020 Update:

Made a color gradient sample from

Neon Yellow → Neon Green

9 Likes

are you satisfied with the outcome? those look really nice.

1 Like

Wow, I considered making my own strings, but I don’t think I’d be happy without going all out like this! Thanks for sharing pics and everything - in glad that some people don’t just hide their secrets. I’m happy enough with the boutique market not to make my own, but a part of myself feels like I might need to try someday. This will be an excellent reference.

3 Likes

totally try! even if your string is crap it’s still super fun!

1 Like

Yep! They’re only about 6 inches long, but they serve their intended purpose :blush:

That’s what this is for, it’s meant to be a resource for people who are interested in the craft. That, and it’s a sort of journal blog thingy for me to keep track of the progression of my string making adventure.

I don’t have the time, nor do I foresee this being something that I could capitalize on; so might as well lay it all out there for others to glean from :grin:

7 Likes