Sensory Deprivation

An interesting experiment and experience I have recently discovered that some of you may find interesting.
I tried this for a period of a day during my yoyoing to see how it felt, and the results were quite interesting.

Basically, here’s how it went about.

I first put on ear plugs (good quality ones that completely block out all noise). This is already interesting in itself as you will not be able to hear your yoyo at all.
Next, I wore some gloves. Nothing too thick, but thick enough that I could not feel the yoyo or the string in my hands and fingers. Trying to yoyo like this is a very strange feeling already.
Next, I took a blindfold and placed it over my eyes.

The combination of these three things together, I started practicing.
WHAT
A
TRIP

At first, the results felt very abnormal, and almost scary as I knew I was manipulating an object, but all my senses were telling me I wasnt, minus the little pull I would feel due to gravity here and there.
I recorded myself to watch what happened.

An interesting thing I noticed. In this state, you can really find out what tricks you really have down based on muscle memory alone, and which tricks you don’t. By watching back, I found that there are quite a few tricks in my arsenal that are totally down by memory and flow, and others that I could use some more work on as things just went completely out of control.

This method could be a good eye opener to some of you, if not simply an interesting experiment to try.

Give it a shot if you like!

wuff

Haru

Fun project! Thanks for sharing ;D

Interesting, I’ll have to try this… Id like to see your best yoyoing in this state :smiley:

I wonder if you can do this In words and get a lot of points.

Can we see the video? :smiley:

awwww I deleted the original hun lol > . <
Buuuuuuut I’m gonna record more of it anyways so Ill post it in reply when its done ^ ^
Oooo btw love your avatar XD

Haru

That’s pretty cool. Now you just need to do it in space to get rid of gravity.

Lol,hahah, I would try this, bit I would probably hit myself in the face like 10 times… Soooo yah.
You should post a bid haru

I would try it, but I have no earplugs :frowning:

Awesome, I’m looking forward to it!

Why thank you. :wink:

My suicides would not go well.

Sometimes I play with my eyes closed. It’s fun with a worn-in combo that you know well to see if you can do it by the vibration of the string alone. If nothing else, it’s a definite sign that you’ve got a trick down.