OPYOYOS thread

Happy to announced the launch of my new project.

I wanted to carry on making yoyos after Smashing but I didn’t want it to be as big. It got out of hand, considering I’m just one person with a lot to do besides making yoyos. OPYOYOS is the answer, I hope you’re as excited as I am to talk about it. I don’t want to spam you with too much emotional rubbish so I’ll just jump to the first release, the 543.

The 543 got the name from its specs. It’s 54mm wide, 54mm in diameter and weighs in at only 63g. It comes standard with a gold NSK bearing and takes standard 19mm pads. It’s an extreme design made from 7068 aluminium. Each 543 is engraved with its own number from 0 to 30 as only 33 were (and will ever be) made. 31 of them are engraved and the remaining 2 are unengraved and owned by me. Each 543 comes in a magnetic box with a certificate of authenticity, some stickers, and an Airetic string.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any questions.

40 Likes

Shortest retirement ever! /jking

8 Likes

lol. Heard this one a few times already, I get it. I did say I was going to continue making yoyos from in the Smashing hiatus post though, so it shouldn’t be shocking to anyone who reads past the headline.

I don’t mean that as an accusation, just wanted to point it out.

6 Likes

Nah, I know it gonna be different from the Smashing periods but just can’t help the joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

5 Likes

Aww, 543 should be 54mm / 54mm / 54g!

6 Likes

The cubed part comes from the fact the length, depth and width are the same. It’s not made from water so the weight wouldn’t match :wink:

10 Likes

Not that you have to explain yourself, but why create a side project and not just a smaller run as a part of Smashing?

1 Like

You forgot to mention that OP stands for Only Pink.

2 Likes

I did and it does lol

6 Likes

Short version is that I have a lot of pressure at home because I care for my nan and she needs full time attention. That’s a lot of pressure and stress and combine that with the pressure to provide for a team I consider family, I had to make the hard decision. It wasn’t easy but it’s for the best for everyone involved. I don’t want the team to be tied to me when I’m doing nothing for them so they’re free to find new teams if they want to. We still share regularly and they have access to my yoyos at a heavily discounted price.

I don’t say this for pity or sympathy, just in the hopes it answers your question.

13 Likes

With a May 43rd release for $54.30? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Actually it’d be the 54th of March here :wink:

7 Likes

I blew it! Though now that you say that, is this merely a conspiracy since there are 43 days left in the EDT timezone?! :thinking:

4 Likes

oPYoyOs pLz sPonSer mE

7 Likes

Sponsor me! I’m willing to dye my hair Pink! /jking

4 Likes

Stoked to hear that you’ve got more throws coming dude. I’m sure I’m far from the only person who’s glad to see this.

When/where will these be available? Looks interesting in definitely trying to grab one

1 Like

Will there be different shades of pink or just one consistent pink throughout?

1 Like

@KesmEyeball

1 Like

How much will this boy cost me

2 Likes

ily EOS <3

Weirdo

3 Likes