Question on response pads

Hey guys. I could not find the answer I am looking for by searching the forums so here it is:

Are 19mm slim pads and 19mm normal pads interchangeable? Meaning, will a yoyo that comes with standard pads in the box will be compatible with a slim pad and vice versa?

From what I understand slim and non slim concern the thickness and not the diameter of the pad which stays the same for most yoyos. (19mm).

Dunno if it is a stupid question and if it has been answered in the past please share a link that could enlighten me.

I did my due diligence (searched for more than ten minutes in the forums and in Google), but no luck.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Unless they’re One Drop pads, they should be about the same thickness. OD slim pads are much thinner than standard pads and OD Flow Grooves are thicker.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah I knew that. I also know about the clyw ones. (Thought that snow tyres would be a good fit for my yyf koi, but I had to find out the hard way). My question is about the difference between slim and non slim pads of the same brand. For instance, c3yoyodesign pads.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions. There’s so many little random things to learn about yoyos. I think the slim and normal you are referring to is the response level. Like slim being less snaggy than normal pads but normal also having snappier binds.

Just saw your response I know what you mean there is multiple types of slim and normal with some being also thicker/thinner. I think they will fit fine just still varying responses.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain 19mm which is the standard for a c bearing yoyo today is the diameter and slim/normal etc is just how thick/responsive they are.however when in doubt just use some good ole flowable silicone.

Response pads sort of like string are a personal preference thing and depend on what you like to do/ skill level.

2 Likes