Proud to announce the One Drop Yo-Yos Gauntlet!

Hey forum buddies! We got some exciting news coming out of Eugene, Oregon today. Join us as we’d like to announce our latest project, the Gauntlet!

Continuing our mission that begun with the Vanguard to make sure that yo-yos of the highest quality are available to all at a great price, we are throwing down the Gauntlet!

Just like the Vanguard, the Gauntlet will start at $49 for solid colors. Unlike the Vanguard, it is big, wide and organic. Early feedback at contests has been really positive.

The Gauntlet features a full-bodied organic catch zone that starts with a nice bump coming out of the guts. The rims taper off elegantly giving it a satisfying feel in the hand. It is stable and long spinning with plenty of speed.

We are constantly pushing ourselves to achieve our mission for the better of the players. The Gauntlet has been thrown.

Specs:

Weight: 66.10 grams
Width: 47.3 mm
Diameter: 55.9 mm
Stock Response: One Drop Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.44 mm
Bearing Size: Large © stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Finish: Pyramatte ™
Axle System: Tapped

Available starting April 1st.

Awesome I want one can’t wait

I have to say people are going to be really impressed with how this one plays once they get a chance to throw it! Thanks for sharing Paul!

Can’t wait! When’s the Topdeck gonna get released?

What’s this about a Topdeck?

It is really nice. Team member mgiroux77 had one with him on Friday night, it is a crazy fun throw.

Looks like a great yoyo but it does not have side effects

Some of those colourways look new!!!..really dig the Relatives of Ayame… ;D

Sweet baby jingles this looks great.

I am definitely going to buy one of these!

BTW, Andre, will YYE be getting some of these?

Dropping tonight:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1522/One-Drop-Gauntlet

1 Like

I have had one of these for over a week now, and it’s fantastic! It’s the biggest throw I have but it doesn’t feel like it on the string. It’s so much fun and really different from everything else in my collection. I’ve been surprised by how much I’m enjoying it, since the organic shape hasn’t really been my cup o’ tea (until now). I don’t get much time to practice, but I’ve stayed up late the past couple nights learning new tricks with my Gauntlet.

The Gauntlet isn’t just a great throw compared to other YoYos in its price bracket. It’s a great throw, full stop. In my opinion, you won’t find a better value than the Gauntlet (and Vanguard… another current favorite), when it comes to American made metal.

I have no financial connection to One Drop, but I am a big fan of their work. I hope others enjoy the Gauntlet as much as I am, and congrats to those who decide to pick one up.

[quote=“Andy_B,post:12,topic:79743”]
Agreed. And agreed on the size - it’s big on paper, but it doesn’t feel like it at all. I’ve been playing one for a couple weeks now and I was also surprised at how versatile the Gauntlet is. It looks very organic, and feels super comfy in the hand, but the gap is designed in such a way as to make it totally competition worthy.

Paul, DANG! THOSE COLORS THO!!

Dang Paul, back at it again with the Dragon Slayer colourway!

Darn it, I’m stuck in that dreaded place that is… colourway limbo. I want to buy one of these right now but I can’t drop the cash on one because there are currently 4 colours crying for my attention that I can’t choose between.

Beetroot
Hairband
Dragon Slayer
Dark Dusk

I’ve been flicking between pictures of all 4 of them for the past hour or so and I’m no closer to making a decision. This may take a while… :stuck_out_tongue:

The hairband color got my attention quickly :slight_smile: