pockect change

(Waylon) #1

I just got a pocket change an it’s snaggy as all get out. Anyone else have this issue? Does it go away after the response is broken in?

(Mitch) #2

Sup Waylon… Mine’s unresponsive but super snaggy… Its a great yoyo for the price and hard core at 4A with the offstring rims, but after a week-end of heavy play its still super snaggy… I dont like it for 1A… But I do reccomend picking up an offstring or a set of wings for one!

Good luck bro!

(Waylon) #3

I already have a yyf offstring which was half my motivation for picking up the pocket change. I haven’t played much 4a but I guess the snaggyness would come in handy for whip catches and whatnot. Thanks for the feedback.

(Mitch) #4

When I was still learning 4A I was like “ZOMG!! Its so unresponsive binding is sooooo hard!” lol… Its a great yoyo though… It wasn’t wasted money

(Waylon) #5

I got to thinking… the pocket change and the velocity v3 have the same response pads. I’ve using the velocity as a carry along and it has the same problem. It won’t play dead unresponsive. I wonder if it’s the pads?

(Mitch) #6

Theres one way to find out. I dont know… Good luck man… Maybe try only replacing 1 first… That might offer some good play

(Waylon) #7

That’s what I was thinking. I may just take one out and see what happens. I’m hesitant to sili the Velocity because that could be messy.

(Mitch) #8

I can see that… Good luck bro!

Edit: I just thought of somthing… Before ripping out the pad, stick it out just a bit and use a razorblad to shave off a sliver of pad… And try that on both sides…

(DOGS) #9

Taking out one of the pads makes it much less snaggy. Also shaving a little bit of the pads of helps too.

So I’m not the only one… What kind of techniques do you use to offset this? I can’t seem to be able to get a good bind out of it in offstring configuration.

(Waylon) #11

good call. ima try dat, yo.