One Drop Yo-Yos Gradient

When can we expect to be able to buy one of these ?

Think you might be able to do a full white anodize? I know white anodize is supposed to be impossible, but look at the white on the Cyborg!

It’s clear/silver, not white. It may look white but it isnt

Soda clear is almost white.

Do you guys have an ETA of when this will arrive at online retailers?

I know that. I was just pointing out the fact that the clear on the Cyborg looks almost like a real white.

Bear in mind that it naturally looks whiter with the contrast against the darker colours. Also, with it being the silvery colour it is, it will appear a brighter white when photographed in a light box (not even counting the post-production brightness/contrast tinkering)

If you imagine that ^ all over, then it’d look distinctly silver. A white-ish silver, granted, but by no means a pure white.

1 Like

Check out the soda clear.

Edit: forgot link

shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/369/One-Drop-Code-1

Enough of the color talks; When are they gonna hit the market? ;D

Even more importantly… specs?!

1 Like

Specs will be coming soon!

Soda clear would be so awesome.

As Gambit points out, the very bright white light in the lightbox is what makes clear ano look white in the YYE pictures. Trust me, it’s gray/silver in person. Even soda’d clear doesn’t look white-ish in person, it looks straight-up light gray.

Pretty sure powder coat is about the only way to get white on aluminum, right?

Yep. I HEARD about a guy overseas that can anodize white though, but it’s really expensive. Might just be a rumor though, I don’t know.

Matte silver is how I’d describe it.

Yeah, doing a pure white is impossible. But we strive to get close!

Full details and specs of the Gradient on the first page!

Release Date: August 13th, 2014
Price: $79.00

2 Likes

Looks amazing Paul, great work as always. Can’t wait to try it.

dangit man i wanted to save up money but since yellow pants ive want a gsteller signature. oh well.

sounds awesome I now what I want now instead of the valor the gradient sounds better cause it has side effects so that has to be fun!