New release - Yoyofficer Pause

They ordered it, not sure when they will release it.

I donā€™t know if I should get this. The price is very tempting, but Iā€™m not really a fan of small yoyos. They tend to be rather unstable.

Spin Dynamics Monkey Fist. :slight_smile: SPYY Supraā€¦

They will probably never be as fully stable as a real stable full-sized yoyo, but itā€™s all about diminishing returns and how much is enough. If you canā€™t get your tricks done with an 888, which is a relatively unstable undersized (compared to todayā€™s stability monsters), I have concerns about your skills.

Not YOU, Philipā€¦ I have absolutely no doubts about your skills, which are awesome. :wink: Just the royal ā€œyouā€. :wink:

Particularly when a yoyo is meant to be portable and primarily funā€¦ the stability level is probably just fine.

Oh man, Iā€™m going to have to get one of these. They look so good!

I actually have a monkey fist prototype, so I know what that is like. I had forgotten about that. Itā€™s sort of beat up, so it isnā€™t in tip-top shape, though.

Still, undersized yoyos do tend to be somewhat unstable. The thing is, the pocketability of a yoyo isnā€™t a factor for me because I donā€™t carry yoyos in my pocket much, so the yoyo has to be good without using size as an excuse. That said, I will definitely try it if I get the chance, and I just may pick one up. $26 is a great price for a metal. The diameter isnā€™t too small either.

I, like Phillip, am not normally a fan of undersized yoyos, nor do I carry one with me in my day to day travels. I am a bit of a sucker for stability and I like the feel of a bigger, heavier throw, so Iā€™ve yet to find a truly undersized model that has won me over.

That being said, for $25 itā€™s a no-brainer. There have been some mid-ish-size yoyos that have earned their way into my affections (YYR Blink, Onedrop Yelets), so Iā€™m definately willing to give it a chance. Who knows, this could be the one to change my mindā€¦ :wink:

I also do not value so-called ā€œportabilityā€. I walk out of the house with whatever. On the other hand, I enjoy undersized just for the fun of it. Spin Dynamics Smooth Move and YYF 888 are favourites. The Supra was a favourite for a while, too. In the ā€œmore or less mid-sizedā€ category (even though they claim itā€™s undersized, I disagree) is the Werrd Minute, which is a fantastic yoyo.

So at 52mm, I could be convinced to try one of these as an impulse buy. :wink: