New release from YoYoFactory - The ZODIAC!

The YoYoFactory 2020 summer yo-yo is here - Zodiac!

The Zodiac encourages you not to take yoyos so seriously. YoYoFactory summer yoyos are designed to be fun, pocket friendly and be at their best outdoors with a little dirt or sand on the fingers.

Taking inspiration from the 2018 Confusion line, the Zodiac is comfy and built for fun relaxed throwing. It’s a v-shape mid-wall design with nice rounded rims. It comes unresponsive out of the box with a full C bearing and a recessed narrow gap for extra tight binds. Lube the bearing or swap it out with a lubed bearing for the perfect modern responsive setup. Responsive or unresponsive, it’s a blast to throw!

11 Likes

How does this one feel to play? Those rims are meaty

3 Likes

Pretty nice IMO. Obviously if you bind at full speed you’ll feel it in your hand, but I didn’t find myself throwing too hard with this one. The narrow gap and mid walls encourage a softer throw and more playful movements if that makes sense. You get some really consistent regens and it even stalls well as a fully unresponsive yo-yo. Fun to play around with.

7 Likes

That looks pretty awesome. Pretty narrow gap too. VERY narrow gap. Very seductive…I have too many yoyos. Looking forward to seeing vid reviews!

3 Likes

So this is like the love child of a Confusion and a Confusion GT? :thinking:

You forgot 888GT without Hubstacks

Heavier GT with a narrower gap. Seems like the GT was the prototype, this one might be the winner. I’m tempted. I liked the GT I gave away, that shape…

1 Like

Description is correct on the site, but it appears the Shutter description got put on the Zodiac link on the forum. Just a heads up @YoYoExpertGarrett

2 Likes

fixed

It’s gone through three steps. Confusion gt which was small bearing and probably the best pure responsive Setup. 888gt was 888 wide gap unresponsive. This is kinda unique.

I didn’t design this one. Hans penned it. I was initially critical of the gap but I understand it’s something we have not offered previously.

Out of the box it plays unresponsive. I didn’t notice the gap. I put in the half spec. It’s painfully responsive. Beginner only level. I went back to the stock CT and thick lubed it. Here I found my setup <3 <3 <3. With all these yoyos it’s the catch and the feel as much as the play. It’s like a cloud. On play, it’s a bit full fat rim on a fast low wall profile. Total opposites. It works. Good balance. It’s not contest winner rim weight but we already make that yo-yo 10x over.

Hope you enjoy it

17 Likes

Zodiac is heavier.

1 Like

Larger diameter too.

1 Like

I got a chance to try it, light and nimble, but has some power to it. Comfortable, and nice tight binds. I find all sorts of air binds to be very easy on it, but the gap will still take multiple wraps. I’ve played the GT, the Zodiac is a different experience, first it’s more “full size.”

The engraving is cool to look at as well. If you really don’t like lighter feeling yo-yos, this one could possibly change your mind.

The Zodiac is different in feel and play to a lot of contemporary yo-yos, I like it a lot. Consider the above impressions, not a review.

I think it’s priced fairly as well.

4 Likes

Nobody else tried it? This yo-yo is sleeping. It’s pretty good!

2 Likes

This is the next Yoyo on my list for sure! Love the original Confusion, play it tons.

1 Like

Mine came setup with the CT and an 8mm axle but also included the half-spec and a 10mm axle.
Shouldn’t the 10mm go with the CT?

8mm works. 10 is jic