New release from yoyoball - The HENDIATRIS!

The yoyoball Narrative is a new company started by our friend @kadabrium on the YoYoExpert Forums. Yoyoball is focused on creating innovative quality yoyos with a premium surface treatment. This is their latest release - The Hendiatris!

Hendiatris is a unique bi-metal design with a 7068 Aluminum body and Stainless Steel rings. What’s unique about that you ask? Well - The Hendiatris also features a free spinning shell over the inner portion of its catch zone. It continues a very early and later unexplored offshoot of the v5 design which keeps the spinning shells small enough so the yoyo can maintain a low overall weight and doesn’t perform loud or vibey.

While you can’t easily grab the yoyo like with extended V5 shells, the Hendiatris preserves the other major utility of the design in drastically enhanced horizontal spin time by reducing string friction. It plays nimble and speedy with plenty of power thanks to the bi-metal construction and impressive spin time thanks to the free spinning inner catch zone!

And as with all future installments in the yoyoball main series, the yoyo retains the ability to freely swap halves with the original Plot Armor and play as balanced yoyos. They hope to shed light on how different design characteristics affect play within the same general profile.

Releasing Wednesday 7/20 @ 8PM EDT.

15 Likes

That’s so cool !!! This is definitely one of the most unique and innovative throws that I’ve seen so far !!! Congrats @kadabrium :grin:

3 Likes

Design looks amazing and the “drastically enhanced horizontal spin time” claim in the description has got me seriously eyeing this release!

1 Like

Wow this design is fascinating!

2 Likes

Are there any plans to do different hubs to allow other bearing sizes

2 Likes

Any idea where we can find some specs?

2 Likes

just noticed specs weren’t updated, adding them now.

3 Likes

Glad I pulled the trigger on this one. Even more excited after seeing the specs!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a really fun design. Kadabrium was nice enough to include an extra for us so i’ve been throwing it pretty regularly. Light and fast with nice power. And the free spinning gap is pretty quiet in play, but gives a little ping noise on string hits which is an extra feedback I enjoy.

5 Likes

“Hendiatris is a figure of speech used for emphasis, in which three words are used to express one idea.”

It just dawned on my that the name comes from the use of three bearings. Is this right @kadabrium?

PS. Thanks for the on best performing yoyo that I’ve ever played. Such an amazing design!

2 Likes

This yoyo is by far the best at maintaining spin through tricks in my collection.

2 Likes

It’s on another level. People are sleeping on this one.

3 Likes

Okay I been eyeing this one for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger. The 62gish weight as a full size Bimetal with three bearings has me fascinated. I’m excited to throw this one!

1 Like