New release from Reykjavik Return Tops - MJOLNIR!

Try quick refresh?

1 Like

Yea I tried a bunch. Could have been on my end. It took 23 minutes but it worked eventually. Thanks for the quick response

1 Like

The yoyo came out AMAZING. Stunning bimetal!

6 Likes

My, how times change.

5 Likes

Wasn’t the other one “Mjollnir” 104g?

4 Likes

I love the explanation of the bull$hit, even spelled different Mjollnir.

‘Was made with the experience of the metallic technology we have piled up’.

A diameter of 60 and width of 45> ‘this is never an unusual specification’,

‘Mjollnir has the feature in the weight’.

104 grams

…nice weight… anyways, who needs front teeth, really?

4 Likes

It just sounds to me like an awkwardly translated description, that’s all :woman_shrugging: What’s wrong with selling a 104g yo-yo to those who want it and are willing to pay for it?

Nothing is wrong with selling anything to anybody that is willing to pay for it.

Why would you even ask that?

There is nothing wrong with throwing a 104 gram yoyo.

Most people don’t need 10 fingers anyway.

And if you ever smack yourself in the head with a 104 gram yoyo. You may even qualify for Partial Disability under the ‘Yes, I’m really that stupid’ option.

And yes, no doubt it is an awkward translation. And that is why I find it funny. It just sounds silly.

4 Likes

104g yoyo.

Think of the combos!

Think of the shoulder reconstructions!

4 Likes

I tried that old mjollnir at 44clash it was a small experimental throw never again made. I had a snag on it and saw my life flash by.

8 Likes

Rei Iwakura’s original Flawless is 103.4g. I own a couple of it and it is not bad at all. However with that ‘mjollnir’, all that 104g is concentrated on a much smaller width/diameter throw (relative to a 4a yoyo). Plus it is metal, so I imagine this will hurt if it slams back to your hand in an inappropriate manner.

3 Likes

can you tell for which tricks is the mjolnir most suitable for? like speed, horizontal, etc?

It has a lot of concentrated rim weight so it’s the best for super long one throw combos. It’s very stable for horizontals. It’s fine for fast play but definitely not as fast as some lighter bi-metals.

3 Likes

I bet it would sustain it’s speed really well though once you pushed it.

1 Like

I imagine very deliberate throws. Forethought is a must.

My inspo for the yoyo was Takeshi’s 1:30 min one throw semi final from worlds18.

I wanted to try to make a yoyo for those kind of tricks, something that could easily spin through up to 2mins of tricks.

5 Likes

Is there any chance that the Mjolnir will be released in a Red/silver colorway?

2 Likes

I would guess 3 different color ways>

1.Red/Silver to signify Blood

1. Black and Blue to signify Bruises

2. Chalk White powder coat to signify the chalkine the Police draw around Corpses.

105 grams … or as AC/DC would say, ‘A Whole Lotta Rosie’.

2 Likes

Planning a rerun of the Mjolnir and red is definitely on the list.

5 Likes