New Genesis vs Old Genesis

YYF sent me a replacement for my old genesis because it got stripped and I realized it had an ano flaw the whole time I had been using it :stuck_out_tongue: I was wondering how the New one plays compared to the Old. I see that its cheaper but does that mean different metal?

what model are you referring to by ā€œthe old modelā€? there are multiple old Genesis models.

The current version plays the best and is cheapest. Itā€™s a win win.

I like how the OG Genesis plays best but this new one plays a close second to that.

Sb genesis > all the rest
How I wish there were more small bearing throws nowadays

1 Like

Couldnā€™t do the kickback on the SB. Itā€™s a unique throw, though!

The new Genesis is extremely well worth the asking price. It is just one of those ā€œYou can do no wrongā€ reliable and unassuming yoyos.

Iā€™m just waiting for more colourways! Not that I have anything against Americaā€¦ I just wouldnā€™t mind a Galaxy/Alien Galaxy one. :wink:

This

gambit wants a United Kingdom Genesis.

But minus the stars and stripesā€¦ it sports the colors of your own flag! ;D

YYF needs more galaxy everythang.

1 Like

I love the SB Genesis too, and that Doomsday is still awesome. Those two are kind of tied for me. Then thereā€™s that 2014 bimetal. ;D There are so many great ones, just add the new Genesis to the list.

I agree that weā€™ll have to know which Genesis you are referring to as the ā€œoldā€ model, so we can properly compare them for you.

Wait a minute, youā€™re the one stripping the yoyo?
It got ano flaw plus being stripped by the user, and they sent you a replacement for that.
I donā€™t know about you guys but I think itā€™s an awesome thing they did.

What ā€œold Genesisā€ I have tried the 2015, 2012, and 2012 with stacks. Personally I like 2012 with stacks.

The Genesis came out in 2009 originally. Heres all the versions Iā€™ve heard of:

Og 2009 (used broad K-pad response like the pgm) Had minimalistic engravings on the rims, made in US

sb, I think they were made in 09 or 2010 with the same minimalistic engravings, made in US

2010-pre2012 Still USA made like the previous versions. They switched to 19mm pads for now on. There were also hubstacked versions made around the same time called the genesis+, I thinkā€¦

2012 Genesis was made in china. Used 19mm pads. The catch zone also looked more organic than straight like the older versions.

Genesis+stacks champions collection2 version. Had filled in hubstack posts and was made in china. Both features unlike the og genesis+

Doomsday Genesis was 7075. Was the first genesis not to have the hole in the face.

Luis Genesis? 3? versions with multiple different finishes, engravings, alloys and weights. Made in ???

2014 Genesis, Bi-Metal :slight_smile: Flat face.

2015 Made in china, 45$. Cheapest Genesis yet. Flat face with no hole.

As you can all see there are at least 10 different versions of the genesis out there.

Yea it was very kind of them. The ano flaw had been there for awhile and Yea I unscrewed and rescrewed it alot! So it got stripped XD. It was like my first premium yoyo So its really cool I get to try the new one.

Iā€™m glad someone else said it first haha. Iā€™m so surprised theyā€™d replace a yoyo that the person admitted they stripped by screwing it and unscrewing it a lot haha.
If I had known yoyo companies did this I would have contacted Steve when my pure stripped the first week I got it. I always just blamed myself for stuff like that.
Consider yourself lucky imo! Very nice of Yyf!

Ouch! What version was it? You should see if you canā€™t get someone to re-tap it for you, if you still have it.

Vsop, which i donated to Dylan Benharis to get modded at worlds and I have no idea what wound up happening to it haha.

Iā€™ve made some poor choices in my life.

Well usually yoyo companies donā€™t replace stripped throws. The only reason it was replaced was because it had an ano flaw