Moose Prototypes! Got the Prototypes/ how they feel

I can’t begin to tell you all how excited I am to finally change this thread! I finally got them! Trust me, this is a day that will never be forgotten. So here it is; the first moose prototype. Don’t even know where to begin. First off this yo-yo first time I threw it, surprised me on how light feeling and floaty it is @JWaugh yet still floaty. It glides along the string effortlessly and still has power behind it. The response is perfect for my liking, however this might not be true for all as I use very thicc string such as Ammo and plutonium. The combination of a 4.5mm gap along with the blue yyf pads with ammo string makes binds feel great. I would almost compare this yo-yo to something of the likes of the shutter in terms of the floaty feel. It is still stable enough for me to pull my long combos. Fairly good at rejections as the raw finish give me for a stickier area for the string to grasp onto. It is very comfortable in hand, and I can only imagine the feel for someone with larger hands. My fingers are a little skinnier so it’s not as a snug fit as I might be for some of you guys. On the profile where you finger sits the yo-yo has more of a matte finish, unlike the polished cup and rims. Not sure why this is but that’s how I got them :man_shrugging:. I would almost compare it to a chalkboard, but it is good for finger grinds. Although this yo-yo does have its cons. This yo-yo cannot fingerspin or thumb grid at all. I do want to give some more rim weight l, but that’s more of a personal preference as I play with yo-yos such as the edge beyond on the daily so I like more rim weight.
Specs:
58mm diameter
45mm width
4.5mm gap
34.5 grams per half
12mm stainless steel axle
YYF blue response pads
Gold budda bearing
Ammo String
And of course some pics

27 Likes

Whoa, very interesting shape and cup design combination.

Also you should post the raw pictures to here; it would look much better :eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks! First time I thought it up about a year ago the first thing I thought was just to do something no one else has done: triple rims like this. Sorta fits my motto “break the mold”

2 Likes

Very Cool! I’ll bet it plays like a beast!

1 Like

I gotcha!

2 Likes

Really excited to see this one in person!

1 Like

If y’all live in CA and your going to Cal States, give it a throw! Also BIG shout out to @iamkeeler for helping me in a bad situation

2 Likes

Woohoo! 68g sounds like a beast!

2 Likes

It is and I plan to change it depending on the feel. But also it is big, so the weight is more distributed

2 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Thank you Colby, very cool!

3 Likes

Interesting design, excited to see you making progress!

2 Likes

Loving the cup design, very unique! Fingerspins… if your middle name is Danger

7 Likes

Wasn’t part of the plan, if that wasn’t obvious :joy:. I’ve finger spun my wooly marmot and my project 2 so shouldn’t be too hard right?

1 Like

I would fingerspin on this all day

2 Likes

Actually… do you think maybe with a glove or something that the inner rim would keep your finger in place on the nipple? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s it’s flat then I doubt it

But other people on here tell me they can fingerspin on spikes like it’s nothing so what do I know :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Letttttsssss gooooooooooo!

3 Likes

Awesome! Really happy for you!

2 Likes

To my experience this yoyo is:

Pro:
Very fast (Low CX)
Nice in hand
Able to take a lot string sections

Cons:
Extremely heavy on the string
Low gyroscopic effect
Low spin time

But I could be wrong, please tell me if I’m right.

5 Likes