**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Nice! I already know this trick, so if anyone needs help, give me a shout.

5 Likes

I can’t seem to get much action out of the rejection. Any tips?

3 Likes

I found the rejection bit tricky as well. What works for me is slightly swinging the yo-yo forward (away from you), whilst using your thumb to push the opposite way on the string (towards you)… you don’t want to swing too much, as it’ll make the slack miss the throw.

I’ve also found that the faster the throw is spinning, the better the rejection is. When it goes too slow for me, the slack doesn’t reject very well.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Here is my entry for this week… this is one of my favourites to practice, especially when hit at speed.

4 Likes

I’m finding that the first throw over the TH index finger is more important than it seems. The strings need to be draped over your index finger neatly in order for the rejection to be snappy!

I am landing it now but not with any speed. Consistency is hit or miss. It’s trickier than it looks but fun with opportunities all over the place to incorporate it.

1 Like

TAW #9 : Pull Starts and Tape Measure

For the last week of Fixed Axle February, we’ve got two fun fixed/0a tricks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJjXWjhf9t/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 Likes

The end of last year was pure rush and 2022 hasn’t been easy, but I’m happy to be back with super cool tricks to learn!!!

6 Likes

Glad to have you back bro!

3 Likes

Heck yeah! Things have been pretty bonkers since I took my new job, so I have a lot of catching up to do as well

4 Likes

Its Friday. A bit behind schedule but this is an awesome looking element from an awesome dude that we all love. @ChrysaeThrows latest tutorial for a slack GT is cool and doable. Let’s see we can get a few videos posted this week.

10 Likes

Especially from those who havent posted in a while!

Looking at you @ANGVS

1 Like

Full disclosure i was working on the second part of this combo in January, but this slack element is very doable. I put 3 elements i learned from @ChrysaeThrows together.

7 Likes

Great work, looking really good!!!

1 Like

It’s amazing how you can do the hard bit, but never make the bind look clean at the end… And you end up looking like an amateur :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Killing two bird with one throw

6 Likes

Great stuff guys, and thank you @AKYOYOMIKE for choosing one of my elements once more!

7 Likes

Playing catch up… finally got consistent with my DoN tension hook…

6 Likes

TAW #11 : Rodeo Green Triangle

This looks like a fun one to me. Or insanely frustrating, we’ll see.

Cheers!

10 Likes

This and monochrome are some nutty slack moves. Good pick!

2 Likes

Nice, another one I can do already! Admittedly this one took quite a bit of time.

3 Likes