**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

This trick is a little funky :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Day 1 progress.

I find it hard to get that string under the yoyo without the one already there from the thumb rejecting at the same time (8 seconds in on this video)

5 Likes

This is a similar issue to what I’m having… but only spent an hour or so with the trick.

1 Like

Can anyone explain what is happening at 1:44, I can’t get my head around what is happening in terms of finger position etc.

2 Likes

@Basedsamuraij peeps need your guidance :grin:

2 Likes

Happy Friday.
A few months back i stumbled onto a list of tutorials called “one take tuts” by @MrYoyoThrower from RCS, some more complicated then others and some fixed, responsive and most 1A. Lots of good stuff.

This week i thought we could work on a trick called “Lukewarm Mess”. Rejection, Big Hop to a GT.

6 Likes

He is underpassing onto this string from behind. Not sure if you realize but you can slow the video to 0.25x. Check the little gear icon in the player. It makes it a little easier to see.

1 Like

I know this from the video, and have been slowing it down, but can’t work out how to position the finger so the string on my throw hand finger doesn’t get in the way.

It’s probably simple, but can’t work it out from the video itself.

2 Likes

So here is my progress to this point - I keep struggling at three specific points, but hopefully that’ll come in time (as well as learning the last bit).

This has been one of the most irritating tricks for me to learn :joy::joy::joy:

Is there a way of getting into the same position as 2:28 without doing the full trick (the bit before that hand goes through the loop), as this is the step I want to practice?

1 Like

Yo! Glad you all found my trick! I had to re-learn it, After about the 200th tutorial I started forgetting the tricks I made up, lol.

Here’s a re-make I just did for Tiktok, hopefully I explained it better this time.

5 Likes

Very doable trick from @MrYoyoThrower and i think that houdini rejection element has a lot of potential as well.

6 Likes

Glad to see you got it so smooth! I’ve been playing around with it trying to find other things. If you reject out to the front string, you drop down into the setup for magic drop. If you hit the middle string you are in the perfect place for a bind. I’ll keep at it and see if I can make something more interesting happen.

6 Likes

Thank you! In the mean time im trying to work through the rest of your hundreds of tutorials.

1 Like

Finally hit Min’s Sock all the way through… never popped like that in my life for getting any other trick down. Will hopefully get it on camera soon, but was a great one to learn, despite all my frustrations.

5 Likes

Very very very very sketchy… but all the way through

Annoying part is, it’s taking me 30ish attempts to hit the very first move, then the rest of the trick I’m hitting 50/50… don’t know why I’m struggling hard with the first bit.

5 Likes

Lol, that’ll keep you busy for a week or to at least :wink:

4 Likes

Well done!!

3 Likes

Wow Jeremy! Welcome to our little trick a week group :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Haha, thanks!

2 Likes

Decided to try and incorporate this weeks trick into a combo as well (like AKYOYOMIKE).

5 Likes