**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Sorry for the delay on this week’s pick. Sometimes life gets in the way.

I was talking with Ryan and we thought it might be nice to work on some basics to get our combos more flashy.

I liked this from @DocPop show which takes trapeze to the next level. Let’s see if we can get a cool trapeze combo with all three (or 4 trapeze elements) for this week.

Starts at 2 min 30 sec or so.

11 Likes

FYI, there’s a great tutorial for Magic Trapeze on Yoyowen’s channel.

I don’t think it’s a very difficult move to perform, but it feels really different than most tricks we do, which can make it a bit hard to get the hang of at first.

10 Likes

3/4… magic trap will take a few more days to get smooth. But i threw the other 3 into a combo and i think it works.

6 Likes

Week 36 - Switchblade

Its not in english and the only words I understood were chopstick and slack, but I dont think that should keep any of us from being able to learn it! Looks like a fun one

11 Likes

I’m away in Cadiz, Spain at the moment. However, hoping to find some time to learn this week’s (missed quite a few lately).

2 Likes

Table of content for Trick-a-Week has been updated, check out the first post so you can jump to the beginning of each week on this thread, as well as a link to previous year’s Trick-a-Week.

4 Likes

That is a cool one. I’m going to give that a try

Edit, he said overambitiously…I forgot how bad I am at chopstick tricks. Just doign that first element is proving to maybe be more than I can chew.

3 Likes

Yeah i can’t get that pop if i actually set up the chopstick right. This is a tuff one!

2 Likes

I’m having a beast of a time just trying to land that chopstick in the first place.

1 Like

Is that what that is called? A pop? Im just skipping that part, theres no way :sweat_smile:

Seems my response pad on the one yoyo I brought with me has given up on life, and no replacement ones until I get home. So think I’m out this week :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

What? There must be a solution… why don’t you try silicone…y you can probably get some at a hardware store, plenty of threads on here talk about silicone a yoyo … All my MFDs are silicone and i have to say it’s a great system. I haven’t tried it myself yet but it’s inevitable…

Here codinghorror is talking about his first time using silicone and a bunch of people offered helpful tips.

3 Likes

Doing the chopsticks for me with me index/thumb from a 1.5 just wasn’t going to happen. I have kinda small hands and there’s just too little space to ever comfortably hit that, so I just modified the start slightly. I generally do all chop stuff with my thumb and middle finger to give myself a reasonable amount of space to work with anyway.

Wrap your TH middle and ring fingers under the string so you can have the string leaving your TH from the top of your ring finger, this will separate the strings enough so that you can mount the 1.5 on your TH middle finger and be able to do the chop + pops with your TH thumb and middle fingers. After the pop just drop your TH middle and mount into a 1.5 on your index, then do a branding and you’re back into a normal 1.5 and can do the easy part of the trick.

Sorry for the wall of text but hopefully this explanation + video helps somebody else. The TH chop pops are neat and I wanna practice doing those more.

Edit: Here’s the entire trick using this method. Fun trick very glad I checked in this week. I saw the name of the thread and figured it might be related to Michael Malík lol.

7 Likes

Yeah i was running in to the same issue. I’ll give this method a try.

Man thats a difficult chopsticks to hit…

1 Like

26 weeks later… i can finally get it semi consistent

11 Likes

Very sweet!

1 Like

That looked really great! Well done!

1 Like

Week 37 Zoning Tech Trick

This week i.picked a fairly elaborate trick. Although lengthy, it looks very doable.

8 Likes

Feel like this is one of those tutorials I’ll struggle to follow. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes