magic yoyo as good as some high end metals!

i think we may all agree that not all but a few magic yo’s are as good as some of the budget brand name metals so all in all very good for the money as little as £8 for a shark free shipping on ebay i do agree the response can be iffy in them so just silicone switch the bearing if needed and you have a good throw to take anywhere dings no real issue but no i would not make magic yo my main players but do think some high ends are overpriced.

Hey I’m relatively new here, could you expand on this? I recently bought a new bearing for my N12 because I read from a couple different places it would fix my responsiveness issue. Am I going to need new response pads as well?

Sort of depends on what your response issue is.
It could be an issue with the bearings or the pads or both.
What’s it doing or not doing?

Here in Indonesia, Magicyoyo is one of the most popular brand because of their value.
Having owned a couple and most of my friends have at least one, their quality control and designs vastly improved over time. Back then they are not really smooth and there are a lot of weird “pointless” designs, and some of them actually resembles well known yoyos. Not the case with their latest versions like April, Projectile, etc which are surprisingly dead smooth.
They also sponsored many contests in Asia and even have a team here, not sure if they are still going though, however at least it shows that they care about the community, and that is a plus in my eyes.

Funny thing, I almost exclusively used Magicyoyo pads, nothing wrong with them.

I’m just saying, if you dislike them probably you have only tried their older models, give the newer ones a try and see if you like it, it’s not like they cost so much anyway.

It’s basically 100% responsive as of rn, the new bearing is in the mail

the bearing you had in your throw may have been thick lubed if so then it just needed a clean then a tiny bit of thin lube or by a bearing such as a 10 ball grooved or kk ect ect.

What kind of bearing did you get?

I’ve good things about it and it’s relatively cheaper, it’s better than the unshielded bearing that came with it

I’ve not had this problem with any of the 4 I own or have played with.

The Shark in particular is an excellent yoyo.

I swapped out the bearing and response pads and I can tell a pretty big difference. I replaced the yellow response pads with YYF’s yellow response pads and the stock bearing with a new CTX. While i dont like the glossy polish, the throw is alot better than I would like to admit.