lubing every couple of days?

I’ve read at some topics that if you’re not playing with a yoyo for more than a couple of days you should:

• take of the string
  • over-lube it with thick lube
  • put it in a sealed container, preferably
    is this true and is necessary for preventing the yoyo from becoming unplayable???
    how long should a yoyo be unplayable that I should do this?

I’m asking because I’m sure many people have too many yoyos to do this to all of them, and I’ve seen many people showcase their yoyos and put them in the free air on display at they’re homes.

It isn’t necessary.

The lubing thing you should definitely not do because that’s a waste of lube and could mess up your bearing some.

The other things aren’t needed. They might ever ever ever so slightly increase the life of the bearing, but not near enough to waste all that time taking the string off and everything.

how can it be unnecessary, I know guys who didn’t care for their unused yoyos and those bearings ended up rusty and pretty much dead.

that’s why I want to know how to prevent this the best way.

Simply put, don’t get it wet. Other than that, keeping just a thin cover of thin lube in the bearing will be more than enough to keep it spinning well. I have a KK that’s lasted me almost a year now with inconsistent lubing and usage, and one cleaning. The only time I’d recommend taking the string off is either after getting it wet or playing in a very highly humid environment. Other than that, just keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll be fine.