iPod Touch, or not to touch?

Well, ignoring those extremely biased opinions above, there are 3 ways to get movies. Buy it (DVD or iTunes) Rent it (Netflix or RedBox) or download it illegally. I can PM you with more details if necessary. http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC086LL/A?mco=MTkyNzE2MDI
$150 refurbished from Apple, 3rd generation. I would go for this.

I was rather surprised someone suggested breaking the law. :o
Anyway, I would recommend going for the Samsung Galaxy Player instead of the Ipod touch. For one thing, it has large 5" display, way larger than the Ipod touch’s 2.5", ensuring a better experience while watching movies. Also, it supports more video formats and is not locked down by Itunes. This means that you can easily get your movies and videos into the device without you having to bother yourself with time consuming procedures like converting your movies and importing them into the Itunes library.

Thats all your opinion, I love iTunes, and I stream movies from my desktop which can do a wider variety of formats. And breaking the law is an option, I am not encouraging he does it, but it is an option. IMO, my parents have a Samsung Fascinate, and I hate the thing. I cant stand Android OS at all, and my iPhone can have widgets that I prefer over the Android ones. I also think the retina is much more crisp than the AMOLED display. I actually like the Zune software more than android, it’s a very underrated player. Anyways, there is an iPod touch 4gen 8 gb used on this forum for $165 that you could probably get for $150.

Hmm… difference between gens?

Speed of the hardware, the high-resolution retina display, and the cameras.

I know it is an option. But it is rather inappropriate to suggest it in a forum. For example, if someone has a conflict with his or her friend, and posts it in this forum, one option is to kill the friend. However, nobody would probably post that, since it is against the law.

First of all, I don’t know what phone you are referring to, but the iPhone has no widgets. It only has icons that are practically useless other than for launching the app. On the other hand, Android allows one to put widgets on the homescreen that help one to achieve a greater efficiency in completing some tasks. For example, to turn on the Wi-fi, on an iOS device, one has to go through a few menus to get to the correct page, turn it on, and press the home button twice to get back to the home screen. For an Android device. one can just put a widget on the homescreen, and press the Wi-fi icon on it.
Secondly, the crispness of the retina display is not as noticeable as the brightness of the super AMOLED display on such a small device. The super AMOLED display is also more practical than the retina display, as one can easily see the screen in bright sunlight.

First, yes iOS cannot have widgets… unless modified. I have a jailbroken iPhone as everyone should. I can have almost every widget that Androids can and I have this thing called Springboard settings, you swipe the top of your screen at any time to drop a tab down with toggles that you can customize. Secondly, You liking the AMOLED more is your opinion. It is obviously not fact since I like it better. It’s just opinion.

Before you go saying oh you have to jailbreak just to have a good device! So? If I had an android phone I would root it in a second.

I feel pretty stupid now (I made sure not to spell stupid wrong there.)

Someone told me the 2nd gen apparently had problems?? If so, I’m htinking third gen, 16 gigs.

Ah… such irony… Even Apple, the one making those iOS devices, do not recommend jailbreaking it, and yet you, just one of the many iPod owners, claim that jailbreaking is better… Fine, if you want to compare a jailbroken iOS with Android, let’s just say that both have the same features (widgets, etc.). The difference is that the jailbroken iOS device has a void warranty, while the Android still has its warranty intact.
As for the screen, contrary to popular belief, it is not all about opinion. It is about practicality, in case you have not realised. In a real-world situation, one spends quite a significant amount of time in the sun. Having the super AMOLED display helps one to see the screen in the sun. If you can barely even see the screen, how would a crisp display help? :-\ Besides, it has a 5" screen, as compared to the iPod’s 3.5" screen. It is universally agreed upon that a bigger screen is more conducive for watching videos and movies.

As far as screen goes, it is opinion. My iPhone is perfectly fine in the sun, I don’t see that much a difference. I am not trying to argue one is better just that they are both best for different people. I honestly hate widgets. Thats a reason the iPhone is better FOR ME. if you dont like that then fine, keep raging about your android.

As far as Apple not recommending jailbreak, thats like Microsoft not reccomending third party software. It’s way better if you know what’s a virus and what’s not. iOS viruses are very rare and cydia doesn’t even allow them to be posted. This is a pointless argument that you keep pushing.

Ah, I see what you are getting at… While I am arguing my opinion using logic, you, on the other hand, just state your opinions without backing it up…
Anyway, as for the jailbreak problem, you are missing my point. The main point lies in not whether Apple recommends it, but in the void warranty. That is the key difference between a jailbroken iPhone and an Android.

Rooting your android voids the warranty too. Lol, your throwing no facts into this convo either. Having widgets isn’t a fact that it it better. Having an AMOLED screen isn’t fact that it is better. It’s all user opinion.

But the thing is, an Android has all the features of a jailbroken iPhone, so rooting it is completely unnecessary. Although widgets and the AMOLED display makes everything much more convenient, based on what you said, you are implying that some users prefer inconvenience? Besides, 5" displays are always better than 3.5" displays.

This topic seems to have run its course.