ILYY | Numen released!

Thought I’d add an ILYY thread for upcoming stuff. <3strong text

13 Likes

2020 kicks off with an improved Abyss. It features 7068 aluminum as the body material, an alloy that is nearly as strong as steel (WARNING: This property might not help you learn to walk the dog faster). The soda blast with pure black anodizing results in a ceramic-like texture that is smooth yet durable. It all comes together with black stainless steel rings to give the yoyo an ominous all-black appearance.

We present: The Pitch Black Abyss!

33 Likes

OMG!!! I was scared ILYY wasn’t around anymore when I was out of the YoYo scene! I can’t wait for these throws.

4 Likes

nice cat.

4 Likes

Fear not! We never went away completely. In fact, in the past few years, we have release a new batch every few months.

6 Likes

And my demands for another Noctu… candy blast… where’s that at? Incase you didn’t know, now you do. And…

Edit: Sarcasm, HoPe It wOrKeD. AnD, a Saturday cartoon joke for those folks in the US.

4 Likes

ILYY is legendary, so glad you guys are still rocking.

I had a BBYY Wedgie that you guys had candyblasted, that’s the one that got away for me.

Do you guys still candyblast throws of other companies ever?

Any thoughts of ever messing around in the plastic market?

1 Like

No, we are not coating yoyos by other brands anymore.
Currently, there are no plans to make plastics.

2 Likes

The finish turns out quite differently with 60xx alloy (especially the chemical shining process, not sure about the exact technical term), that is one of the reasons one might chose it above 70xx. If the goal is to have a yoyo body with more volume for a specific design, this would also be a reason to go for 60xx. The toughest material is not always the best choice for every given design and desired appearance.

2 Likes

Updated the OG post to make sure folks know what they’re getting.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to get my hands on this one :heart_eyes:

Now let’s hope for another DR3I iteration :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Any chance you are going to make more pybits?

2 Likes

I’m just sitting here, excited to see ILYY. Though a majority of this post is an argument of whether 70## aluminum is close to steel, and other arguments I don’t quite understand fully. I’m just sitting here like a confused and scared cat trying to enjoy some food. image

4 Likes

+1. I would also like to see more Pybits. An updated version would be awesome. I miss mine, it’s a really interesting yoyo to play with.

If not, I’ll make my own :joy:

2 Likes

I managed to grab one, I’m excited!

3 Likes

I’d be interested in a pybit as well, please do make some more!

1 Like

Patience my friends. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

YES! Count me in if you do another run.

Off topic, but if I ever did a collaboration, ILYY would be my first choice. You make superb yoyos, @crackout. A clear standout from the rest.

6 Likes

Just got my Abyss. A very fun throw to go with one of my favorite flicks!:laughing:

7 Likes