STICKIE THIS ALREADY!!!
bump for extremly helpful guide. :slight_smile:

Thanks! ;D
But I dont have a camera to film with. :-
Any suggestion?

I see a big sticky…

Get a camera. :stuck_out_tongue:

sticky!

Step 1: not true for the most part, make a video in your room, get creative, find what YOU think will look cool not what Matt thinks. Cinematography is an art and art is opinion, and you can’t be good at art if you don’t put your own opinion into it. Has anyone seen Malcolm’s video with a plain background? I love thats video.

Step 2: I find art to be more of a wing it and go sort of thing. I myself know that Matt does random shooting to make a video. We never know how long a video will be, never figure out the music first, I haven’t ever planed an amount of tricks, and a purpose? Really? We are usually just bored.

Step 3: He is sort of right about that…

Step 4: still right…

Step 5: You don’t need a lot of effort, we never try it just turns out to be pretty cool, but just do what works and you like best.

Step 6: He’s right, if anyone knows how to have fun it is us…

Matt don’t make guidelines… just go rage quit…

Wow really cameron >_<.
First of all.

1. How many times have you seen a video with someone standing in their room, bad lighting, for 3 minutes straight? This brings us to number 5. Ill get to that.

2. Yeah we usually don’t plan anything, that’s why our vidoes are somewhat average.
    I always have the music figured beforehand. I also try to set a goal on how long I want my video to be.
    Purpose, to show off new tricks, a fun video, promo? There.
    My newest video, I planned out my new tricks, locations, song, length, and I even had the intro in mind before hand.
    Do you see producers shoot a movie without a script or a football team without a game plan?

3. I am right cameron. No rage quitting.

4. Right again. No rage quit.

5. We may not need a lot of effort because we have been making videos for quite a while.
    People who just started making videos may have trouble at first and it’ll be harder for them to get going.
    Just think about what your dad said that day, someone who is experienced with siliconing can have it done quick, but newcomers wil take more time, and thus will need more efforr and time to be put in so that their work looks good.
    You can definately have a video in your rooms, and brings me to my point, put effort into it, make sure you change some things around, done make it look the same, make sure there is enough lighting, all that stuff. The majority of people that make videos in their room have low lighting situations and have the same shot over and over again, its not very clear.
    Some people tend not to edit out them walking out from the camera or to the camera. In which the effort part comes in.

6. No rage quitting.

Dude, these are some SIMPLE guidelines so that peoples who are just starting to make videos have a general sense of what to do, when they build experience, they have the knowledge to add their own flare and style to their video.
I don’t ever rage quit… unless I’m climbing.

I stand In my kitchen with average lighting >_<

You said location, as long as you have good lighting in your room the video can be great…

I do always plan my intro like in Cherry Flashlight, but it doesn’t always work the same for other people. Some people work better by just winging it.

Bleh, I never really tried in the beginning of yoyo video making. We just know little tips like lighting thats really it.

quiky was a good short vid in your room all with good lighting and it had a good fun kinda goofy vibe from it i liked it and so i see cameron being right in a way : ???

really helpful thread.