how to anno and satinize

You don’t need to bump your post within a day.

You also don’t need a wood sander to polish a yo-yo. It is the same as satining. The only difference is what grit you stop at. The higher grit you stop at the more polished it will be. Using a metal polishing compound afterward will help polish it even more.

You also get bonus points, or more precisely a lack there of, for not actually typing a good portion of this “tutorial”. For everyone that doesn’t know what I am talking about let me explain. The “anodizing tutorial” found here is merely a copy paste job from focuser.com. If I had any respect for you, jrmdhdc, I sure don’t any more.

i got half from that guy to advertise notice how i didnt fix it up anyway and put qoutes other part was my version from aacoa (uncle owns)which i prefered because i dint have 100% all materials

and before you say yeah this company is in michigan i moved to fl
like the T-shirt you see every now and then “im in miami bi#%h” :slight_smile:

ps im not yelling or saying this in a bad mood

Please use the modify button at the top of your post. Double posting is not a good thing.

what does double post mean give me an example and were is it (modify button) i never see it not being funny or anything

A double post is two posts in a row that can be made into one post. The modify button is at the top right of each post you make.

Good find, mrcnja. Jrmdhdc, why would you make a thread like this and not even give credit to the source of your information? Sigh…

i put quotes on that guys advertisement and i put my version from aacoa

Until mrcnja posted that link, though, it seemed as if it was your words, which it clearly isn’t.

like 30 % like the explanation on aluminum and how it oxidizes wasnt me it was too long for me to type it all but the rest was me from aaoca except also the easier to understand process part

Once again… anodizing is DANGEROUS… this is NOT the place to discuss it in detail.

Anybody capable of doing it safely, is also perfectly capable of finding this information on their own elsewhere.

It’s scary to see people present this information without any thought about the impact it could have, without any real time spent explaining that this is NOT something most people should be doing or attempting.

Kyle

1 Like

As Kyo has said, it isn’t something that should be done by 98% of the people on this forum. You also still fail to acknowledge that there are multiple ways to satin a yo-yo that will give different but still pleasing results.

Topic lock anyone?

this is madness i already said parental advisory and to wear chem suit if even trying to attempt this ive done this already so many times to my dads spare car parts and they look amazing now what you guys are doing is oppresion of talent :’(

They aren’t saying you should stop, just that this isn’t the sort of place to have this information because of the other people.

aight i wont complain if you lock it but when i save up to get more anno materials may i do buisness with the others and maybe put me on modder list when i show you how good i am ???

While you may be safe from any legal action, just telling people that they must be safe isn’t enough. This is a forum of all ages, and there will be someone who wants to try this simply because they think it’s cool. It’s those people that we need to worry about, and we don’t need to be the place where the kids get information that could seriously harm them.

I appreciate the amount of time it takes to write a guide like this, but all the same it doesn’t have a place on this particular forum. Dealing with the process of anodizing is EXTREMELY dangerous and I would hate to see someone get hurt. I have modified your original post, and sent a copy of all the information you typed to you in a PM so you don’t lose it.

Again, I really do appreciate the time you took to write this, but this just isn’t the forum for it.

Locked.

Thanks,
JM

1 Like

stop stop stop

you can, but you have to prove yourself. Kyo, Vendetta, and Grunt bull have proven themselves over and over, but i don’t think it is right for you to put this here. If a kid wanted to do this do you think a parental advisory would stop him?