How do you take your Ramen?

no

its on!

I havn’t had ramen in forever…

I usually just put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes and add a little bit of soy sauce to whatever flavoring they give you. I’ve been experimenting with how much soy sauce, though. You don’t want too much, because then it’s gross, but you don’t want too little, because then you can’t taste it. YOu need JUST that right amount.

I just had ramen egg drop soup. It’s delicious!

Btw, why do you call it ramen and not just noodles? I mean, thats really what they are, or?
(In Norway we call them noodles)

Because that’s how it looks how it’s said on the packaging in America. Besides that ramen is different from noodles because noodles are made from the same plant rice is. so it would have bin incorrect to call it noodles when really it’s more similar to pasta.

When I was like four I loved them for some reason and I called them Chinese noodles

I also like to mix the chicken with crushed red pepper and then add soy sauce

I take my ramen exactly as the pack says, when my parents do it they overcook.

I also drink the broth then eat the noodles non crunched up.

Hey all you non-MSG eaters, I found a MSG free soup bouillon at the grocery store. Just use one cube instead of the MSG packet.

Lately I’ve been making mine soupy with the bouillon, onions, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. It’s pretty awesome. I also add spinach and any other veggies I might have handy.

@Eastfield: Yup, over here in South Africa we just call them noodles too. In fact, I am 29 years old and only came across the term “ramen” a couple years ago after I heard an American use the term, I had to google it to discover what it was.

We get “2-minute noodles” which come with the little MSG E-3-digit bag, but some supermarkets and Chinese stores also sell Chinese noodles (which also take just a few minutes to cook) which seem to be almost the same thing, but with slightly thicker noodles and without the E-3-digit bag.

Noodles are generally made from wheat, though you can get rice (and other) noodles. Traditionally, in the south of China people ate rice (more water), whereas in the north, they ate noodles where wheat is easier to grow.

BUT MSG IS AWESOME!!

I can’t imagine having my ramen with no MSG. Every growing person needs their daily dose of MSG!

• if you’re growing too fast, you need to stunt that growth!
    ** yearly, actually. You’re just eating it all in one day.

My friend would love this thread. He puts hot sauce, creole seasoning, seaweed, popcorn, wasabi, crushed spicy like Cheetos, melted cheese, and plain chips in his chili Ramen. I’ve been to scared to try it…

Sissy. I’d be polishing off my second bowl before the ambulance got me to the hospital.

This thread made me so hungry I’m about to eat ramen right now… :stuck_out_tongue:

For breakfast.

Ramen noodles are the BEST!!

My favorite way to make them is to boil up some water and cook the noodles with no MSG included. While I am doing this, I heat up some soup. Then I drain the water from the noodles and pour the now warm soup on top. Stir it all together and you are good to go!

(beef stew from a can also works perfect for this)

^^^^
this sounds good!

I am asian so i eat ramen a lot :wink: along with the packets and boiling water i like to add greeb onions, onions, beefballs, pork, shrimp, and a few other stuff there and there ;D

There was seemingly no food left on the airplane until the server was like, “OH, there’s soup if you want soup.” Yes, sure, I’ll have soup…

Ichiban cup noodle! AKA thinly-disguised Ramen. It were MSG-licious!

I remember last time i was flying to vietnam my mom packed ramen and we ate that on our flight ;D