how do you make a fhz unresponsive

a dont know how to make a fhz unresponsive :frowning:

Clean the bearing, lube very lightly.
Take off one sticker if it has two on it.

1 Like

if they use o rings. if it has silicone in it, it should be all fine. friction stickers should be replaced with (one) silicone sticker(s)

1 Like

Boy, I must be really confused. :wink:

1 Like

what i mean is take off one o ring, but the stickers should be all right

OK. The FHZ has stickers, not o-rings. Traditionally, the non-surgical method of making them less responsive is to remove one sticker and clean the bearing.

it dosnt have o-rings

But yoyo surgery is so much fun :smiley:

This may just be me but I tend to go w/ the Duncan sili stickers over the stock pads that come on it. They last longer and are a lot less grabby in my opinion.

Yep. Haven’t bought a stock friction sticker since the sili stickers came out.

bluetape66; Do you have any new stickers laying around? If the stickers in your FHZ are too worn, and you remove one, you may end up with not enough response. On the throw, it just goes “thunk” to the end of the string without much spin. If that is the case, you’ll have to replace the one sticker in the yoyo with a new one. If you don’t have any new stickers laying around, you’ve just created a pretty, round paperweight until you can get some more stickers! (Unless you lube up the bearing again) Just though some one should warn you…

Have Fun,
Java

Don’t forget to put in the wide spacers.
If you don’t have any go get some washers that fit in the hole and put them in behind your current skinny spacers. :wink:
Also just cleaning the bearing and putting in wide spacers should make it unreponsive, but it will act funny because of the pads being flush. If you are not smooth the pads will catch the string and wrap up anyway. As well as the binds will be weird to do right.
All in all like others have said it is best to remove one sticker. Save it and put it on the cap of the yoyo, that way you can use it when the other wares out.

1 Like