First I would like to say, if there is already a thread like this, please direct me to it.
Ooc: in this thread I would like to ask competetive or non competitive yoyoers there ideas and opinions to putting together a good freestyle routine, and eventually there will be enough material to put it in a constantly updating guide.
My points are
- play by the rules, you want as many points as possible right?
- Be original, but not too original, discovering new moves and tricks is difficult correct? Put together many tricks, make them your own.
- use tricks that count, doing a million tricks is not as good as doing 100 tricks that are appealing, smooth, what the judges are looking for
- Don’t do anything you don’t down solid.
- be relaxed. Not uptight, i have seen pros do breathing excersises before there performance, set down the yoyo for a while, dont sweat it.
- if it is an outside competition and it is Hot/humid, wear gloves! even if you think it won’t be a problem, wear them anyway.
pro tip: I saw Harold Owens III do this before he placed fourth in the 2012 world yoyo contest. If you do not like gloves, but your hands get sweaty, use spray deoderant on your hands.
Sorry this is just a start, and i just started competing so I am an absolute noob.