Let’s talk Cerakote!

What is that charcoal speckle called?

It looks like two colors were used: matte ceramic clear and graphite black.

Can you cerakote an anodized yoyo? The bearing seat looks green, right?

All of the cerakoted yoyos have anodized bearing seats.

3 Likes

These look like the Wyverns Egg colorway which was teased on OD flickr a while ago. Very cool in person, turns from green to purple in the light.

Imgur

15 Likes

That pic has been my desktop wallpaper for a bit :smiley:

2 Likes

Pink Cerakote Diorama :open_mouth:

@sakatuca

19 Likes

Somebody spill Pepto-Bismol on your yoyo? Just kidding! I don’t even like pink, but I think it looks awesome!

6 Likes

@sakatuca also post this orange :tangerine: Diorama

23 Likes

Now you’re talking!

3 Likes

Looks like “Hunter Orange”

We need some Blue Raspberry throws

6 Likes

Dang it, that orange may get me and I don’t like to have two of the same.

Per Instagram: Coming somewhat soon are the Wyvern’s Egg Colorshift Cerakote Wyverns! Drop announcement should happen next week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp29FEmh0ss/

This “Gone in 60 Seconds” thread might prove to be an appropriate place for all future Cerakote releases :wink:

7 Likes

No. In fact it’s hard to capture it properly in photos. It looks even better in person. It’s really cool.

11 Likes

I was just saying that the lighting of the photo was hiding the ridges in the profile because finish is hard to capture =]

1 Like

Ohhhh. I see. Yeah that is true. The ridges are fully there in person.

6 Likes

Cant wait to get my hands on one of these cerakote throws =]

4 Likes

What does the cerakote finish feel like?

2 Likes

It varies, the white Carakote Kamuraiju to me feels like paint. I used to have a 59 Fender Telecaster that someone put some white paint on part of the body and that’s what it feels like. The green Wyvern feels to me a bit chalky

4 Likes

I think I really want the chalky texture, but not sure how to know this before a drop haha

1 Like

I believe the egg ones are similar to pearl white. I also prefer the chalky one. Its awesome!

4 Likes