GIVE AWAY! - G2 Loadout Unicorn Storm

Hello friends of the forum. I’ve been wanting to do a give away for a while now, and when G2 dropped the Loadout in one of my all time favorite colors, I knew this was the one to give away. The Loadout is an incredible performance forward, modernly shaped monometal yoyo that I whole-heartedly believe everyone should have in their collection. I already have one in my favorite colorway (Rainbow Galaxy), so I bought this one specifically to give away. The yoyo is brand new, never thrown (except by Jake for his QC process), and comes with all the goodies that normally come with a G2 yoyo. I only opened this one to take the photos so yall could see it in all its glory.

To enter the give away will be fairly simple. All I’m going to ask is that you share a video of your go-to, autopilot trick. This should be the trick you default to when your brain is off, or that you do first time you throw for the day, the one you love deep down in your core. Bonus points if you share a little story about why you like it, or gravitate to it.

Everyone is welcome to enter, and I will be covering shipping on this one, so there’s no strings attached. I’ll be drawing randomly on Monday afternoon, so you’ve got the weekend to share your favorite trick.

Happy Friday everyone, I hope we’re all having a wonderful day today. I’m super grateful for the community that surrounds this hobby and I’m thankful for each and every one of you.

45 Likes

My go to autopilot is a boingy boing off of a one and a half mount that i catchy, roll into a doible or nothing and roll it back into a trapeze i pop out of and do Dylan Kowalski’s one and a half hook. Literally every time i get a new throw thats my go to.

Edit with the vid: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

4 Likes

Hey Hunter, sorry I wasnt clear at first but I’m looking for trick videos here =]. Looking forward to seeing your boingy boings!

2 Likes

why does my phone cam have to be broken rn lol

1 Like

I don’t have a fun story unfortunately but here is the trick I gravitate to most often. I can’t find the tutorial I learned it from but I can break it down if anyone wants to learn it.

20 Likes

hell yeah, thats a slick trick! thanks for sharing <3

2 Likes

How do you post videos like this on here? No idea how to do so

1 Like

Upload your video to Imgur and paste the permalink into your post! YYE will automatically embed the video.

2 Likes

Trick is comprised of two tricks that are just… brainless to me at this point… forgot what they’re called, one’s a Keiran Cooper trick and the other is a Mike Monty trick.

13 Likes

this thread should help.

5 Likes

I see. Totally forgot how I did it last time. Thanks guys

3 Likes

Mine isn’t very special, or even super impressive from many in the hobby, but is more going back to when I first came into the hobby again. Cold Fusion had always been something I wanted to learn when I was younger and never got around to it. When I picked up the hobby again, it was one of the first tricks I gravitated back to. Naturally kind of added on a Buddha’s Revenge and Revolutions at the end just because I thought they just kind of flowed well into it and I liked spinning the throw around. Also a very casual, and slow kind of thrower, and they just kind of worked with that well, haha.

It became a complete go-to brain-off kind of set. I even still gravitate towards doing that first when I get a new throw in just because it’s autopilot now. Bonus that it works for both Responsive and Unresponsive. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Here’s a trick learnt from Tyler Vienneau. Took me a few months to successfully copy every detail of it. It’s now my autopilot trick because it just feels good

20 Likes

hell yeah dude, super stylish. really love the yoyo in that shot too ;]

1 Like

awesome trick, and thanks for sharing the story about why you like it! I wish i had some tricks i wanted to learn as a kid and finally did when I came back to it, but i was never good enough at yoyoing as a kid or was even exposed to things like trapeze lol.

2 Likes

you make that one look so good!! my autopilot trick is also a tyler vienneau trick lol, bone splint, so its nice to see another one <3

1 Like

Basically Cold Fusion and Split the Atom were the ones that got away at the time like 25 years ago. I remember seeing them in one of the trick books, and was just like “nope, this is never going to happen” lmao.

Way harder in my opinion trying to interpret them from the Ikea-like instructions that we had back then.

2 Likes

Most of my tricks that are often played are from him lol, ex. kim kim pops. Gotta learn bone splint sometime

1 Like

My most autopilot trick I do whenever I pick up a new yoyo or pick up a yoyo for the first time in a day is Spirit Bomb. I think I default to it simply because it took me so dang long to learn that the steps are burned into my mind now.

Side note: Maybe I don’t have on the best shirt on to show a string trick while using white string.

11 Likes

Have you gotten a copy of the new version of the Yonomicon? Super fun book that teaches trick construction by ikea-fying concepts lol

4 Likes