G2 YoYos New - Spartans Spin

So I picked up one of the non engraved purple Respawns last week. Wanted to wait a few days to get some time with it. But I really like this yoyo! I’m primarily a responsive yoyo player, so I eventually buy most responsive yoyos that come to the market. This is one that I’ll be hanging on to.

What I really love about it is how “neutral” and balanced it is. By neutral I mean it’s not too heavily rim weighted, not too much center weight. When you do kickflips it feels like it’s got the perfect amount of weight right where you need it to get it to flip. I get get it to go off axis when I want, but it doesn’t want to tilt or move around on it’s own. The walls are perfectly high, yet the gap isn’t too narrow or too wide.

If you’re into modern 0A play I’d highly suggest getting a Respawn on the next drop, or searching one out. My main 0A players now are: Alleycat (both OG and 650b), Daytona SB Highwall and the Respawn. Between these four yoyos I really feel that if I never bought another responsive yoyo I’d never lack or want for something else. The Respawn hit a area that is different enough in feel and play from these other three that I think if you love the other three I mentioned you’re going to love the Respawn as well.

7 Likes