Funny yoyo memes

This is so idiot, I seen the same done in orchestras where many people stop to play Russian compositions and composers, I do really find all this very stupid.

Art is not related to politics and war, very sad to hear about this player, I am close to this person hope this will get solved as so many people has no fault about the war and even more if this player is in his 20s or even younger, let’s keep yoyoing free

5 Likes

11 Likes

22 Likes

Lol I have no idea why y’all cry so much about dna on tiktok. We’ve been over this before. Those vids do a fantastic job of exposing potential new players to yoyo. Growing the hobby is good and idk why anyone would have a problem with that. Like I get it, DNA is boring and overdone but those vids aren’t for us.

21 Likes

while the dna is quite easy

some of the dna derived tricks are genuinely impressive
I like seeing the upside down (A n d) ones (assuming its not using a novelty yoyo like the 9 dragons)

6 Likes

It does a FANTASTIC job of exposing new players. It’s just funny because even many influencers who do the DNA make fun of the fact that all most people want to see is the DNA.

4 Likes

Mostly only people that don’t yoyo tho really. People that do yoyo already care a lot less about it and would rather see other tricks ime.

2 Likes

I might be in the wrong thread here as it’s probably an unpopular opinion but I’m happy to see any trick in person. Like if I see someone with a yoyo or someone mentions mine I’ll be super stoked to see the other person pull a DNA or walk the dog.

7 Likes

I think the way to grow the hobby is to make it more appealing to non-yoyoers and the way to do that is using more visually appealing tricks and focus more on actual performance and showmanship. No one cares how dense your tech is or how many string hits you can achieve in an allotted time frame.

IIRC, you were brought into this hobby by seeing Shu Takada on AGT. There is a prime example of how to grow the hobby. Look at you now!

5 Likes

Yes 100% but dense tech is super cool to me now like I love it and also like not made for non yoyoers usually like it’s usually to celebrate amongst ppl already in the Yoyo community. My point is that there are different types of content for different audiences and that’s okay. I do love performance focused stuff so so so much and would love to see more of it! I love that shu performance so much still hahahah

2 Likes

Dna while repetitive to look at is cool because, as it was already mentioned, it grows the hobby’s reach. It provides an impressive but easy way to show off to others and also even helps prepare players for zontal tech if the bind technique is also included in the vid.

3 Likes

Amen. I mean nothing that Angelo does during Godspeed is really that complex (i say that not having done godspeed simply because i haven’t gotten around to it) but to an outside observer it’s incredible! It has common appeal that makes yoyoing more accessible.

3 Likes

For sure and I enjoy all of it because I’m immersed in the hobby. For the purposes of growing the hobby and introducing newcomers to it, the type of content that appeals to a mainstream audience is what is necessary. We need more performance artists that hit the streets (or the apps) and engage with the common folk.

3 Likes

I photoshopped the yoyo out so it just looks like theyre aggressively looking at something

7 Likes

Heres another one but with the yoyo so it looks like theyre psychic
inspired by this meme

9 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve got you bro.

10 Likes

very nice :fire:

2 Likes

Last DNA one for a while :rofl:

11 Likes

15 Likes