FS: MCMO Nickel

Onedrop Markmont Classic Magnum Opus

$130 (or best offer!) shipped in the CONUS

Two teeny marks shown in the pics

11 Likes

Bump

70$ shipped?

3 Likes

How much vibe does it have? I don’t know whats normal for these yoyos. I have one that’s a buttery joy for grinds, and another one that is a bit rumbly even when tightened down all the way.

2 Likes

Asking about vibe from a heavy metal plated yo-yo is irrelevant

3 Likes

No thank you but thanks for the offer!

Not a lot of vibe but “vibe” is pretty objective. I find it quite smooth for a plated side effects yo-yo!

1 Like

Bump

Bump

1 Like

because? must it necessarily vibrate? my Markmont not vibe… or has as much as the Project …

1 Like

Every MC/MCMO I have (all brand new, no BST) has at least some vibe. I have a nickel one myself and id say the vibe is a 7/10. The smoothest one I have is maybe an 8/10. Not Generalyo smooth, but still smooth enough where you don’t feel the vibe in play (I evaluate vibe with a full speed throw, smooth out with finger, and test with fingernail).

@Persson - Since you are the technical guy, do you know if yoyos are nickel coated via electroplating or an electroless method? My money is on electroplating, and the process itself does not provide for a perfectly even distribution of coating due to the variance in electrical current to some parts of the yoyo. Thus introducing minor imperfections in the weight distribution of machined metal and now you have an increased risk of vibe.

3 Likes

I don’t know who does the OD cover work by but I also think it’s galvanic cover.
Having said that, if we want to talk about risks, ok, but the risks are potential, not certain and absolute … so if a person asks for information on the vibration of an object for sale, I think it is consistent to provide him with answers on that specific object … because, as I said, objects with the same treatment do not exhibit vibrations like others that do not have that treatment. Fortune? maybe, but if I was lucky with my Markmont OG maybe the future owner of this MCMO could be too … why not tell him then?
Now I’ll ask you a couple of questions …

• do you know what thicknesses and therefore what “differentials” of weights are at stake in galvanic coverings (well done, I mean)?
  • you know that aluminum alloys, being such, could (and I would frequently add) not have the elements that compose them (which have very different specific weights) mixed in a homogeneous way … and therefore present weight distribution unevenness even at in the face of perfect workmanship?
    Have we ever worried about it?

So, in my view, the galvanic covers do not cause me great worries … that other aspects should not create me already.

1 Like

Bump

3 Likes

Bump

Any trade intrest?

Bump

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.