Free Artistic Video Contest - Eli Hops Fundraiser - $500.00 Grand Prize

Check out this pirate themed submission!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVYFQWHGz8&feature=youtu.be

Contest ends in just over 24 hours. $600.00 has been raised so far!!! Get your entry in before the deadline and help raise even more money for Eli Hops!!!

Just under 19 hours left in the contest!!! Has anyone in the yoyo community ever experienced a similar situation as the one portrayed in this entry?

Friend request sent. Can’t post my 6 year old son’s video on the Facebook wall without it. … … . .

Video uploaded.

Thanks. I took the liberty of posting it onto the Eli Hops Facebook page for you. I can accept friend requests for Granny Smith, but not for Eli Hops. Thank you for your submission. This contest is really heating up!!!

Do I need to do anything else? Or does the video my son created qualify for the competition?

It qualifies. Thanks for the entry and good luck.

10 hours left to go!!! Get those last minute videos in and help raise money for a great cause!!!

I love ALL the videos. I love these contests :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 hours 42 minutes left to go. Meanwhile, here’s another entry for your entertainment and enjoyment!!!

Watched this video.  The song that starts at 1:30 is “HighRoller by The Crystal Method”.  I am pretty sure this is copyrighted music, because I recognized it right when it started.  The song runs for about a minute.

I don’t know Nathaniel Leonard (the owner of the channel) but if he values his youtube account he may want to make sure he has full permissions for this so his account doesn’t get deleted.

The music in my sons video was free with all rights removed provided by youtube itself.  Here is the audio library of free music for videos. https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

If Leonard  does not have the rights I would suggest that he change the music so that his video and account doesn’t get deleted.  It may not get deleted but I wouldn’t gamble with it.  If I recognized the music others will to.

Granted ---- the rules for this competition in the first post state:
“Though not mandatory, it is greatly appreciated if you use music that is either original or free to use. Many people view YouTube on mobile apps and we want them to be able to see your movie too!”

So even though it is not absolutely required in this competition that the music be original or free.  It would be a shame to see your video deleted over the music used.

susieq22 - May I make a suggestion that in future competitions this be a requirement.  That way videos do not get removed from youtube for this very reason.  And the videos will be available for future viewing for years to come.

Take me back… to a time of oppression. One young kid, struggles to survive in in the harsh camps of Nazi Germany in World War II. He escapes, and finds something lying on the ground. Witness “Life on a Thread”, as the video gives double meaning to life hanging by a piece of string.

This is my video entry:

IDK how to tag on Facebook, if anyone could do it for me that’d be great here is the post

EDIT: Sent messages to both parties, I am Lac Phan by the way.

1 Like

These are the videos that are considered as having been submitted within the time frame to generate a donation to Eli Hops. If you don’t see the title of your video here, please contact Granny Smith. Judging is underway, and this year’s entries will make this job very difficult. Note: not all entries are eligible for prizes due to association with Eli Hops, but these entries do generate a donation to the cause.)

1. Gigantor Girl
  2. () dichotomy ()
  3. Throw it Forward
  4. Ace
  5. YoYo Hunter
  6. Throw Yoyos Overboard
  7. Can I try It?
  8. Where it Begins
  9. Learning to Yo
  10. Yoyo Contest Entry
  11. Life on a Thread
  12. Zombie Yopocalypse
  13. Tiny Toy Support Group

Results? When?

Likely tomorrow evening or early Tuesday morning. Results will be announced within 72 hours of the contest end, as stated in the contest announcement.

Went through and watched every single one. I can see why it will be so hard to pick a winner. All of it is quality :slight_smile:

The Results are in!!!

I just want to say that this was quite a difficult decision. For over half of these entries, an argument could be made as to why that particular entry should win. In fact, the judges felt that EVERY entry deserved a prize, and so, EVERY entry that was eligible to receive a cash prize did indeed receive a cash prize. That being said, cash awards do not reflect how close this contest was, and while additional money could have been thrown into the cash award allotment, the primary financial reason this contests exists is to raise money for Eli Hops. Therefore, a $100.00 donation will be given to Eli Hops for EVERY video submitted, not just the 1st ten, making the donation to Eli Hops $1300.00. Positive feedback is included here with the results. Negative feedback (things that the judges felt could have been done better or things that prevented higher placement) will be given via private message by messaging susieq22 here or Granny Smith on Facebook. When requesting negative feedback, please note that some of these items might seem trivial or nitpicking, but in a contest as close as this one that is what happens – little things can make all the difference. Prize money will be sent via paypal. Please send paypal addresses to susieq22 or Granny Smith. Thank you to all of you for sharing your artistic gifts and for raising money for Eli Hops!!!

One Last Thing… This contest had drawn entries from the following countries: USA, Spain, South Africa, and Russia. It is great that as a world community we can come together via the internet to compete and raise money for a good cause.

Here are the results!!!

$500.00 Grand Prize – () dichotomy () – Best Overall Video, Best Portrayal of Multiple Characters by a Single Performer, Best Actor, Best Solo Performance; Tied Best Film Editing; Tied Most Entertaining Video, Tied Best Satire, Tied Best Execution of Theme; Tied Best Costumes, Random Elements Appreciated by Judges – the need to look at the yoyo with x-ray glasses to protect from yoyo radiation, Quotes: “Your children will wonder where all the joy comes from,” “Revolutionary,” “Free, I tell you!”

$250.00 Cash Prize – Throw it Forward – Best Artistic Impression, Most Touching Video, Most Overall Inspiring Video, Best Video Involving Juvenile Lead Character; Tied Best Silent Film; Tied Best Execution of Theme

$50.00 Cash Prize – Life on a Thread – Best Serious Subject Film, Best Camera Direction, Best/Most Appropriate Title to Convey Theme; Tied Best Film Editing, Tied Best Art Direction

$50.00 Cash Prize – Learning to Yo – Best Puppet Video, Most Original Concept, Nominated Best Overall Yoyo Sequences, Nominated Video That Most Encourages Others to Yoyo, Random Element Appreciated by Judges – Using the yoyo as a weight to work out, Quote: “Falsified Event”

$50.00 Cash Prize – Can I Try It? – Best Acting Performance by a Juvenile, Best Sound Editing, Best Actress, Tied Best Sound/Music, Nominated Best Silent Film, Tied Best Satire, Nominated Best Video Involving a Juvenile Lead Character, Random Element Appreciated by Judges – The Yoyo Abuse Ouch Factor

$50.00 Cash Prize – YoYo Hunter – Best Comedy, Best Parody, Best Pet Performance, Tied Most Entertaining, Random Elements Appreciated by Judges – Tackling the Yoyo and the fluttering butterfly yoyo

$25.00 Cash Prize – Where It Begins – Best Overall Juvenile Performance, Best Special Effects, Best Random Dancing

$25.00 Cash Prize – Ace – Best Yoyo Performance, Tied Best Art Direction, Tied Best Sound/Music, Nominated Best Camera Direction

$25.00 Cash Prize – Throw Yoyos Overboard – Best Pirate Theme Video, Tied Best Costumes, Nominated best Portrayal of Multiple characters by a single performer, Nominated Best Special Effects, Random Element Appreciated by Judges – The Pirate Theme

$25.00 Cash Prize – Why I Yoyo – Most Positive Presentation of the Yoyo Community, Video that Most Encourages Others to Yoyo

Not Eligible for Cash Prize – Gigantor Girl – Best Video with Multiple Juveniles

Not Eligible for Cash Prize – Tiny Toy Support Group – Best Still Action Video

Not Eligible for Cash Prize – Zombie Yopocalypse

Prize winners who have turned in their paypal addresses have already been paid. Granny Smith will not have access to her paypal account for about the next 10 hours. Anyone who turns in a paypal address during this time will be paid this evening. Thank you.

I just want to say thank you. This was really fun and we look forward to the next one.

1 Like