Found Mardi Gras Parlay

I have been searching for a Mardi Gras Parlay for around 3 years. This search has ended better than I could have imagined.

I was turned onto the Sudo and Parlay by Eric at Fair Trade Yo-yos.
In the search for a Sudo, I picked up my 1st Parlay in Dragon Slayer color way when many throws were being done in Dragon Slayer.
I would pick up a Parlay now and again every time getting a new color way and with incredible splashes. So I started to hunt for most of the Parlay color ways because the splashes are so good.
When I saw the Mardi Gras color way I was on the hunt. But it has been very illusive.
A few weeks ago I landed another Parlay in HobGoblin color way. In the post, I asked to see Mardi Gras Parlay in the wild because I had not seen any. Was beginning to loose hope that there were any left in the world. I received a good response and got many pictures titled NFS. So I was happy to see they still exist.

I was having a calm birthday 03/03 was very content did not ask for much a few Around Square pieces from my wife, a clear Sudo from oldest Son 24 who is into throws. The Sudo was his 1st Sudo from me from my coloration years ago. We have done this for years gifting throws we love back and forth. So I was content it has been a good couple of yo-yo years. Been married 11 years my wife embraces my yo-yo fascination. I was heading off to bed about 12:42am 03/04 when I received a private post.
If you are still looking for a Mardi Gras Parlay
tnsyj Tyson McNutt who is in Idaho so it was 11:42pm 03/03 had one for sale at an amazing price that was in buyers favor. I said yes I will take it.

Tyson responded: “ by the way Happy Birthday” I was floored… stunned, I do not know Tyson McNutt what a generous act of kindness. I would have paid much more than requested. I can only pass on the good fortune in the future when some is searching for one of there long sought after throws that I have.

I would do business with Tyson McNutt any time if he has something you desire make an offer he is a straight shooter.

The family of Parlay’s

17 Likes

Beautiful yoyo and beautiful collection! Would you say the flat cap is your favorite side effect on a parlay? I see you have quite the assortment

1 Like

I really like the clean look of the Flat cap, I have used the ultra lights in the past, I have also used a brass dome to get the weight up and then a Parlay will play like a MechaBapezilla a bit.

Also the old flat caps have a flat edge the new ones have a rounded edge. The Mardi Gras Parlay has an original flat edged flat cap.

Nice looking yoyo and it sounds like it’s made it’s way to a very deserving home!

I hope OD makes more Parlays as I’ve read a lot of great things about it.

1 Like

I’m glad I was able to help you out and it’s been great getting to know you along the way! I’d say the Parlay is right at home with their beautiful family! Any idea on which colorways are missing (if any) at this point?

1 Like

There are a few other custom I think. I am sure I am missing a few. I know I am missing Hair Band for one. I think it was one of the last color ways of Parlay.