First Tut

I just made my first tutorial. It’s on the sleeper. I didn’t want to do anything to complicated because this is my first time EVER doing any video. Please comment and tell me how I can improve.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ffVgzW_TI

Alrighty =)

It’s great to get into tutorial making. I’ve found that it’s one of the more rewarding parts of yoyoing. There’s nothing like people telling you that your tutorial taught them something.

A couple of things to keep in mind as you get into more complicated tricks:

• Try some textual description. Describing what happens in words makes things simpler to understand, so the person knows what to look for in the video.

• Hang up a background. It’s very hard to see the string in your video, if you hung up a dark-colored sheet behind you, the contrast between the string and the background would make everything much more pronounced.

A tutorial for the sleeper doesn’t really tell me much about how good you are at making tutorials, because the trick itself, while hugely important and difficult, does not fit with tricks that we usually make tutorials for. It is, however, a great way of learning how to use your camera and editing software!

I’m excited to see more of them from you, so once you feel comfortable, feel free to try something bigger! :slight_smile:

1 Like