Fake Two Pieces by Sense! - A Monometal That Reproduces The Texture of Two Metals Combined!

Fake_Two_Pieces_Feature

Fake 2 Pieces (FTP) is a further exploration of SENSE’s visual-technology after Next Journey (NJ) which includes multiple-turning and multiple-oxidation processes, finally presenting a visual effect of composite yo-yo like AM01 only on a mono-metallic yo-yo.

The matte & dull-colored sides together with the gloss & bright-colored fronts form a clear contrast, and besides, there are “seam-like” grooves at their junction-area.

Maroon-Body-Light-Blue-Cup-Fake-2-Piece Maroon-Body-Light-Blue-Cup-Fake-2-Piece-02 Maroon-Body-Light-Blue-Cup-Fake-2-Piece-03

Nominally, NJ is the sequel to Journey, and the same from FTP to AM01. But in terms of performance, FTP unexpectedly inherits Journey‘s powerful feature (Journey, one of the bi-metallic works out of our YYP time).

After multiple-turning processes, the thinnest part of FTP drops below 1mm, resulting in more local-weight remaining in the outer-area. Also with the consistent hollow feature of the round yo-yos, FTP coincidentally match the weight-distribution principle of Journey (large stainless steel ring & extreme aluminum-thickness). When using FTP, there is a hollow, crisp, and powerful feeling similar to Journey.

8 Likes

Those look gorgeous

I agree, very interesting and inspiring. I hope it will help convince end explain things to my manufacturer as a proof of concept for some ideas I have.

1 Like