El MiJo Polycarb by ZGRT - Releasing Friday 4/21- 4pm EST!

El-Mijo-Featured
From ZGRT:

El MiJo Polycarb retains essential elements of the original version of El MiJo like the functionality of interchanging the different types of bearings to experience different play styles that goes from wide unresponsive to slim fixed axle. It also maintains the same cup design and shape.

Blue-Green-Fade-Poly-El-Mijo Blue-Green-Fade-Poly-El-Mijo-2 Blue-Green-Fade-Poly-El-Mijo-3

What is different?

At the moment of deciding to use polycarbonate, we knew some big changes had to happen to the OG design. With the use of polycarbonate, we took advantage of the characteristics of this material and made El MiJo, unlike the previous versions, solid rather than hollow.

By doing so, the width was reduced by approximately 5 mm and the weight by 3g., resulting in a slimmer, lighter and more pocketable throw, which we love!! These changes made El MiJo Polycarb unique to its predecessors. It feels fast, snappy and very comfortable to hold and to carry.

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 5.17.34 PM

Why the change?

We made this version of El MiJo as we wanted to have all the features of El MiJo but in a plastic throw. There is something about transparency and translucency that creates visual appeal in designs. Transparency and translucency work together to achieve great optical effect. Using a translucent material can mimic smoke, fog, and clouds and creates a soft, dreamy effect.

We don’t know but for us, El MiJo Polycarb emanates summer vibes… you know, those long sunny days, chilling out and having your throw ready for whatever comes your way. Let nothing hold you down!

18 Likes

Awesome can’t wait. Been holding a cart of stuff till this drop just so it all comes at once.

3 Likes

Looks super nice!

3 Likes

I’m having a really hard time putting it down I absolutely love it.

I’ve been throwing the aluminum original El Mijo everyday for over a year since I got it and I’ve enjoyed the different weight and feel of this one to mix in my daily play. I’m really looking forward to seeing it in other people’s hands! Let’s gooo!

2 Likes

So many things right with this yo-yo :heart:

5 Likes

I’ll ask the silly question what are the differences between the aluminum and polycarbonate versions I heard it’s slimmer but curious if any other big differences. I’m getting a polycarb anyway just curious as I don’t have it in my hands to compare…

2 Likes

I’ll ask an even sillier question. Can everybody else hold off ordering these until 4:03PM? It would really help my stress level.

6 Likes

Here’s the announcement thread with a bit more info: Zgrt: El MiJo Polycarb - Releasing on Friday 21st at 4 pm EST - #72 by jeduardo

2 Likes

Thanks so much guys for all the love and great comments :pray::heart:. Have no idea how much it means to me!

2 Likes

It’s getting awfully close to release for me to still be undecided on color… :sweat:

Edit: meme

2 Likes

Right there with ya. I keep going between the options here and the Zipline Editions.

1 Like

I got dragged into a meeting realized it was 4:15 and boom blue was already gone. That’s alright red is secured and I’m content.

2 Likes

I got home from work at 7:30 and realized I missed the release. Took a chance and checked the site and was surprised to see they had the Yellow and Red/Pink colorways still available. I got a Yellow one coming my way.

4 Likes