Duncan Yoshicuda X and Orbital GTX!

I’ve tested this extensively, there is a topic here about it. Look it up if you are curious. The variance within the same batch generally isn’t that much, at most a half a gram.

3 Likes

I was speaking more about the differences between the two YoshicudaX’s. I think there must have been a mistake in Duncan’s post about the weights.

4 Likes

Always with the absolutes. What do I know? Not like this is my job or anything…

Since you’ve done so much extensive testing you must know that ano can add thickness right? That additional thickness in no way can add to the overall weight? Seems strange to me, but again, what do I know?

6 Likes

I agree with @YoYoExpertGarrett. Anodization will add an additional layer to a yoyo. If we pay close attention to the 2 images of the Yoshicuda on the weighing scale above. The one with the extra splash weighs about .3 grams more than the one without the splash.

TWO GRAMS of weight? Because that’s what’s being discussed, that’s how much more Yoshicuda X is supposed to weigh per the official Duncan blog entry. Yeah, I’m gonna need a real world example of that please. Thanks!

Well he did say ano and plated rims… not ano or plated rims…

Are the rims even plated in this case? They’re just stainless steel, right?

I’d still like to see a real world example of a yo-yo where anodization adds TWO GRAMS because that’d really be something!

There is a rim plated version. The one pictured on Duncan’s site (where the two gram heavier claim is made) is a plated rim version. I’d guess that’s it.

1 Like

The Barracuda X rims are plated/coated/whatever, all I’m saying is these types of things can account for some weight difference. There’s a lot of variables.

1 Like

Ahh the gold plated rims. Sure I can buy that.

But there’s no way I can believe that ano alone could ever add 2g to a yo-yo! :wink:

So, um, does anyone know why neither the Grasshopper GTX nor the Orbital GTX are available from Duncan’s website?

1 Like

Good news guys:

4 Likes

Yes!!!(stands on chair)