draino to clean bearings?

is draino safe to clean a bearing? it say safe on metal and plastic pipes.
i would try it without asking but i do not have a spare bearing so i dont want mine wrecked

For the thousanth time (not to you just in general) USE MINERAL SPIRITS

Don’t use Draino to clean your bearings.

o

i do not have any paint thinner. and my bearing is sooooooooooo loud and it spins for like 10 seconds

Try lubing it first. If that doesn’t work then you could clean it with lighter fluid or gasoline.

How hard is it to just get mineral spirits or a bearing?

Even easier to get is Lighter fluid. Just like the stuff people use for cookouts.

Draino is BAD!

any ace hardware, lowes, menards, home depot, walmart, sherwin williams, etc etc will have mineral spirits for like $5. any place that sells paint. just go buy some.

how bad can it be :wink:

my dad goes ther like all the time but he is not going to home depo for a while untill he gets sillicone for the tub.

very!

the draino says that it is safe on plastic and metal?why is it bad bearings are all metal right?

From Wikipedia,

Those aren’t things you want in your bearings. Just because something is ‘safe to use’ doesn’t make it a good idea to use. Draino isn’t a solvent. It’s a caustic liquid designed to cut through hair and soap. Do you have hair or soap in your bearing? I sure hope not. Just use one of the products already recommended. Mineral Spirits, Lighter fluid, or gasoline in a pinch will all work.

Draino will not physically damage the metal in your bearing, but it’s still just about the worse thing you can clean it with. It will only gunk up your bearing and make it before much, much worse than it does now. It would probably make the bearing quieter, but like everyone else has said DON’T DO IT!

Think of the bearings!

It will leave deposits of a mucas like substance in your bearing causing it to be totally responsive. Then it will dry and you’ll have to throw the bearing away because you won’t be able to get it all out.

That’s how bad it can be.

:o
does propane work?
can someone list all the things i can use for cleaning a bearing

First of all Propane is a GAS, secondly why on earth would you use it to clean a bearing, and finally like we have been telling you use MINERAL SPIRITS or LIGHTER FLUID!!!

Unicorn Blood.

I second that motion. any objections?

Motion passes, use mineral spirits or lighter fluid. the end

or childrens tears…

Like Samad said, use Unicorn blood. It can be picked up at your local heaven for $95890258.00.

lol (i actually laughed lol)