Display your knitted or crochet artwork!

A yoyo pouch is the perfect second or third project! Maybe a square is a better first one.

I do crochet primarily, but you could probably adapt this for knitting. :yarn:

5 Likes

Why, oh why did I not think of this for my yoyos?!?!? BRILLIANT! Thank God my wife is a crocheter. Now I can enable her!

2 Likes

where did you learn to Crochet so detailed things?

1 Like

I learned all the different stitches from youtube videos and from my mom, and there are patterns you can download or purchase that show the “program” for how many stitches to do, and which type. Then, plenty of practice. I am also in a crochet discord server.

1 Like

Buy her some nice yarn! I can type up the pouch pattern for you/her later if you’d like.

1 Like

that’s awesome! excited to see what you come up with in the future. :smiley:

1 Like

My wife said LITERALLY “ooooooOOOOOOoooo!!!”

She would love to get the pattern if you have time sometime.

P.S. yes! Yoyo sacks!

1 Like

Here you go!

PDF for printing:

Image version:

1 Like

You are amazing.

1 Like

I hit the big time
 self published it on ravelry

edit: I had to fix the link there

3 Likes

Can anyone here recommend a good forum for beginner crochet and knitting?

I usually hang out on this discord server:

There are also forums at https://www.ravelry.com/ but I haven’t really looked at them. I learned most of the crochet beginning stuff from my Mom or from youtube vids.

My very first project I learned from this crochet kit: https://www.knitpicks.com/learn-to-crochet-club-the-dishcloth-kit/p/44466

The next project I did several of was called a Granny Square, which is a great beginner crochet project.

1 Like

I learned to knit my senior year of high school. I can pump out a mean scarf, but if I ever try anything even slightly fancier it all falls apart, lol.

2 Likes

I see what you did there :grin:

The wife is a big knitter and Hedgehog Fibers is the goods, they drop yarn like yoyos drop.

1 Like

One day I’ll have to try. Looks fun.
Saw this one browsing.

And embroidery looks fun too!

2 Likes

5 Likes

haha I love this so much!!

I decided to learn how to crochet to make my own Yoyo pouches. Well, after many hours of learning, doing and undoing things, here is the final work. The funny thing, and the cool one, is that my wife wants me to teach her how to crochet like that so she can make me more pouches! (This is great cause my core part of the body is all sore).

5 Likes

Really nice! I like the contrasting drawstring color.

1 Like